Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization Error - Column Mappings Not Received

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Synchronization Error - Column Mappings Not Received

Good afternoon,

I am running ACT Premium Web Version 16.2.14 and all of our remote databases are throwing sync errors.  They seem to be slightly different every time, but the most common one I'm getting is:

"Synchronization has failed.  Exchange of mappings failed. Column mappings not received.  Server Error Description: Unable to get columns names, types and luids.  Exception of type 'System.OutofMemoryException' was thrown. at Act.Framework.Synchronization.DB.SyncDataAssembler.GetCommand(CommandLoader cmdL, EntityType e, String commandName) at Act.Framework.Syncronization.SyncML.ActDOM.LuidGuidMappings.GetColumnNamesTypesLuidsFromIDs(CommandLoader cmdL, ArrayList columns) Contact your administrator for assistance"

I ran maintenance at the server level, stopped the Act.Framework.Synchronization.ul.exe from the task manager and restarted.  I was checked one of the remote databases and it didn't look like there was an overly large amount of files trying to be transferred.  I also verified ACT 7 SQL was running.  I'm not sure what else to try at this point as I can't find anything about this error message anywhere.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amanda Hayden
‎10-14-2016 06:44 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization Error - Column Mappings Not Received

I meant Network sync and glad it did the job. The reason that you do not normally enable this is that it blocks the port that Internet sync uses. Also you have to have the client running on the server to use the internal ACT sync which is not good practice on a server. You have identified the problem but not resolved it, you now need to uninstall ACT Network sync and then re-install it to see if that resolves the underlying problem.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

To start with turn the sync server off on the server and then enable sync in ACT via tools, synchronise database, Accept Incoming Syncs,

This will bypass the internet sync service. if the error goes away then it is in the server sync service. 

This is just a first step so try and report back.

For some reason this worked!  We are using Network sync, though, not internet sync so would this cause a problem going forward?  I have been told on multiple occasions to never select Accept Incoming Syncs when using Network sync.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Amanda Hayden
‎10-14-2016 06:44 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

I meant Network sync and glad it did the job. The reason that you do not normally enable this is that it blocks the port that Internet sync uses. Also you have to have the client running on the server to use the internal ACT sync which is not good practice on a server. You have identified the problem but not resolved it, you now need to uninstall ACT Network sync and then re-install it to see if that resolves the underlying problem.

This fixed it!  Thank you!