Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization - Days Remaining Does Not Count Down

Synchronization - Days Remaining Does Not Count Down

We have 6 users synching via Network Sync in ACT Premium 2008 v 10.0.2.  Two users recently got "server not found" errors for about two weeks and suddenly they can now sync.  They have been successfully synching for a week.  In the publisher database, in Manage Connection, their Days Remaining does not decrement and when they start ACT they are told they have not synced in xx days even though they have successfully synced for a week.  I have done db maintenance on their remote databases and rebuilding the sync objects.  Any idea how I can fix this?  I don't want to cut new remote and merge the remotes, if possible.

TIA

Mike Johnson

Nickel Contributor

Re: Synchronization - Days Remaining Does Not Count Down

Updating to the most recent build could be a step towards resolving this since many improvements were made to synchronization in the 10.0.3 update. Also if it's possible to bring the laptops into the office, see if they are able to application sync.

In the diag it would also be helpful to know if the logs are updating the last successful sync date. Compare the sync log in the synchronization panel to the logs that the diag produces (these can be found in the right click menu on the database list page (database reports >> sync reports >> sync preview report)  this will also show the number of updates attempting to be sync'd, very large amounts of data some times have issues being sync'd. Lastly the time spent troubleshooting sync almost always exceeds the time it'd take to simply create new remotes.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I would prefer not to upgrade to 10.0.3 which would mean upgrading all the PCs. It would be difficult since our users are scattered over a wide territory.  I'll try looking at the Act Diag sync reports.  The database is successfully synching it is just not resetting the days since the last sync. If I get down to a few days left on the sync, I will create a new remote. 

Nickel Contributor

It's possible to do the upgrade from within the help menu, however I empathize with your reluctance.

Additionally, if the days is not resetting is possible neither is the data even if it says that it is. The sync reports will tell you the last successful sync date.