Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synched Calendar events defaulting to 1 day instead of 30 minutes

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Synched Calendar events defaulting to 1 day instead of 30 minutes

[ Edited ]

Due to a known issue with Outlook 2003 SP3 and ACT, recurring Outlook calendar events were repeated continually when ACT and Outlook were synched. I was able to remove the ACT data and the duplicate Outlook data, and ran one sych from Outlook to ACT.  The Calender events in Outlook that normally default to 30 minutes, changed to 1 full day in ACT.  I've removed all calendar events in ACT (several times), and tried importing the events from Outlook.  Each time, they arrive as one day (24 hour) events.

Alternatively, I cleared out the ACT Calendar data and installed Companion Link, in an attempt to properly sych the ACT Calendar data from a Blackberry device (It's been synching with ACT via a BlackBerry server, so the Calendar times were correct). Same problem - all synched events change from 30 minutes to 24 hours (1 day).

Message Edited by Support@mmicnc.com on 02-27-2009 12:29 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author support@mmicnc.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Synced Calendar events defaulting to 1 day instead of 30 minutes

Mike,

We actually looked at Handheld Contact, but keeping separate contact and calendar entries for the smart device (BlackBerry) was a problem for our users.  I contacted CompanionLink and found that the replication between the Blackberry and ACT was conflicting with the BlackBerry Enterpirse Server and Outlook sync.  In the end, we removed the sync between the BlackBerry device and ACT, and instead created a link between Outlook and ACT using Companion Link.  This allows our BlackBerry users to continue to use the native Blackberry Contacts and Calender, have this sync with Outlook via the BlackBerry server, and have Outloook and ACT sync via Companion link.

Now my Sales staff can enter Contacts and Calender events in the Blackberry or Outlook directly and have this info sync with ACT every hour. So far, no more duplicates, no more time shifts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

No replies,  so I'll offer the solution I came up with:

1. The easy part - removing Calendar events in ACT:   List all future tasks in ACT. Using the shift key, highlight all tasks. Right-click and select  "Clear Multiple Activities". Select "Erase".  Check the calendar for any other recurring events not deleted.  Select, choose "Select all occurrences" and erase these as well.

2.  The hard part - fixing the Outlook Calendar events.  Open the Outlook Calendar.  Select "Views".  "Arrange By", "Current View" and select "Events".  Click on the "Duration" column until the "1 day" duration events are at the top.  Open each event, if the "All day event" checkbox is selected,close the event (the duration is correct for events marked "all day"), otherwise, change the time from 1 day to 30 minutes.  When prompted, always choose "all recurring events".  Work your way slowly down the list until all events have been corrected.

3.  Run a one time sync from Outlook to ACT.  This will update ACT with the correct Outlook information.

4. Turn off all automatic synchronization between Outlook and ACT. 

5.  If you dare, attempt to run future syncs from Outlook to ACT.  Be prepared to delete duplicate recurring events in ACT.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The best way to avoid duplicates when syncing to a smart phone is to look at Handheld Contact - uses it's own database, so activities are properly linked to contacts (or multiple contacts)
Solution
Accepted by topic author support@mmicnc.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Mike,

We actually looked at Handheld Contact, but keeping separate contact and calendar entries for the smart device (BlackBerry) was a problem for our users.  I contacted CompanionLink and found that the replication between the Blackberry and ACT was conflicting with the BlackBerry Enterpirse Server and Outlook sync.  In the end, we removed the sync between the BlackBerry device and ACT, and instead created a link between Outlook and ACT using Companion Link.  This allows our BlackBerry users to continue to use the native Blackberry Contacts and Calender, have this sync with Outlook via the BlackBerry server, and have Outloook and ACT sync via Companion link.

Now my Sales staff can enter Contacts and Calender events in the Blackberry or Outlook directly and have this info sync with ACT every hour. So far, no more duplicates, no more time shifts.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually, with HHC, you can do it and have the same entried on both the BB PIM and HHC.

Sync the ACT! activities with Outlook (and the BES will send those to the device). HHC has a function to export the contacts to the BB which go back to Outlook via the BES.

One of the things I really like about HHC is that it's centrally administered. See:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2008/10/why-handheld-contact-for-pdas.html