Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synch problems with Server Data Base (duplication of appointments) ACT v10

Synch problems with Server Data Base (duplication of appointments) ACT v10

We are having an issue with syncing Mike’s laptop to our server ACT v10 database.  Mike thinks perhaps it is not set up correctly.  The server database should be the governing database, yet when Mike sync’s up,  all of his appointments that we have cleared but he has not, reappear in the database.  Can you help us with this issue?

Thanks,

Mike

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synch problems with Server Data Base (duplication of appointments) ACT v10

1. What version of ACT!
2. Is ACT! set to auto roll-over activities (try turning this off)
3. Are the activities set with Mike listed in the Scheduled For field?
Copper Contributor

did this ever get resolved? we are having the same problem. We have Act 2007 version 9.0, and when we synch our laptop to the database (which only happens every few months usually) it is the laptop that is putting old items onto the main computer. How do we fix that. We want auto rollover on the computers we use every day.
Copper Contributor

I just realized I synched this last night and it took our main database all the way back to the last time we had opened act on the laptop which was April and has deleted all of our history until then, can I reverse a synch?

Please help

Platinum Elite Contributor

Synchronization is event time and date driven. If an activity is cleared in one database but later rolled over in the other database, the rollover event will have a later time and date stamp than the clearing event and when the synchronization take place, the clearing event will be lost. If you check, the history entry regarding the clearing will be there because it is a separate event. Bottom line, auto rollover should not be used with synchronization.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your response.  When I opened the main database today it is trying to rollover over 100 uncleared activities from the synchronization of the laptop.  I hit cancel, and so I now have a lot of old items in my task list that have already been cleared.

Is there a good way to correct this problem? Or should I allow those to rollover so they have a different date than the previously cleared items and then erase?

Any advise is very much appreciated.