Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SyncConfigFile.xml file location in ACT! 2012 Premium WEB Server

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Best Regards

Question .... What should be the path where the SyncConfigFile.xml file in a Windows Server 2008 Standard English and ACT! WEB 2012 installed?

Configuring the SyncConfigFile.xml file:
You will need to edit this file to include your Database and Machine Names. Follow the steps below to edit the SyncConfigFile.xmlfile:

1. Launch Windows Explorer (or My Computer).
  2. Browse to one of the following directories, depending on your version of ACT!:
    • ACT! 2009 and prior: C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\ACT Internet Sync
    • ACT! 2010:
      • Windows XP/Server 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 12
      • Windows Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008: C:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT for Windows 12  (This Path es for ACT! 2010 Premium)
  3. In this directory, locate and right-click on the file SyncConfigFile.xml and click Edit from the shortcut menu. The .xml file opens in Notepad:

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: SyncConfigFile.xml file location in ACT! 2012 Premium WEB Server

Hello Juan,
The path for the SyncConfigFile.xml used for Internet Sync with ACT! 2012 Premium is:

Windows XP & Windows Server® 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT Data

Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows Server 2008: C:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT Data

This information is in the following Knowledgebase article:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2802...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Juan,
The path for the SyncConfigFile.xml used for Internet Sync with ACT! 2012 Premium is:

Windows XP & Windows Server® 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT Data

Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows Server 2008: C:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT Data

This information is in the following Knowledgebase article:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2802...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Super Contributor

Wonderful, Thank you

I am also having trouble Internet syncing with Act 2012.  I have read through every forum I can find and think my problem lies with the SyncConfigFile.xml because it isn't there.  I looked up the location you mentioned above for windows 7 Act 2012 and there is no SyncConfigfile.xml.  Only scheduler_file.  Please advise how to correct this problem.

Thanks

Ray

Nickel Super Contributor

That file must be on the server, not in the remote user's computer, and must be in the right place and with the correct settings before making the remote database.

If you need help we are here to serve