Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync with outlook/calendars/contacts/google calendar/tasks/phone

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Sync with outlook/calendars/contacts/google calendar/tasks/phone

So. u can sync gmail with outlook. tasks, calendars, emails sync up with one another.  I have my email synced through act, but i cannot get my calendar and tasks synced. does anyone have success with this? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author brett701
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Sync with outlook/calendars/contacts/google calendar/tasks/phone

CompanionLink can sync either manually, or automatically on a scheduled basis. If you are using the manual sync option, getting events to update from your phone to Google, Outlook and ACT! will require you to manually press the synchronize button in the CompanionLink software.

Alternatively, if you use CompanionLink's auto-sync feature, you can set an auto-sync interval of as little as 15 minutes, meaning that any events you update on your phone will update in ACT!, Outlook and Google within a 15 minute time-frame. When using auto-sync you won't be required to press the synchronize button, since the synchronization will occur automatically every 15 minutes.

> Why would a person purchase companion link regular version if it only does calendar from ACT to google? why wouldnt they just hook ACT! up to OUtlook and then download the free google to outlook software?

The Google Calendar sync software that Google provides for free doesn't sync contacts and tasks.  CompanionLink does.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Brett,

I'd love to help you, but I'm not clear on what you're looking to sync?  Are you looking to sync your ACT! contacts, calendar and tasks with Outlook and Google?

That would be amazing if you were able to help.  i think i jumped ahead of myself getting into organizing and merging all of my forms of communication.

I am brand new to act.  

In the past ive had my emails hooked up to my phone and thats about it.  ive recently hooked up my emails to outlook.  I have many emails and ive set them all up to outlook. Ive also configured the emails with ACT, but the only thing that seems to be sychronizing is the contacts. is this 

CHALLENGE 1:  However, i have many email messages and it seems to be downloading like 300 mb everytime i do send/receive for emails.(this is in outlook)  Will the emails be inside of ACT!?  

CHALLENGE 2: id like for my google tasks/calendar/contacts/emails to be synced with outlook and act.(this is with multiple emails/i use 1 main email for the calendar and the tasks).

CHALLENGE 3: I'm assumming the tasks/calendar/contacts/emails can be synced to your phone as well.  (maybe not all contacts bc/ act is large.)  There are many softwares that sync with your phone, but they will only do a couple of the above.

CHALLENGE 4: When i make a change on my phone i'd like for it to make a change on act/outlook/gmail.  For example: if i were to change an appointment on the phone; it would adjust on my ACT calendar, outlook calendar, and gmail calendar.  And it wouldnt matter which platform you enter it from.

Thank you so much for your help as it is greatly appreciated.  ive been trying to figure this stuff out for awhile, it seems like there could be a business that sets up indivuals with all of this merging of communication platforms. Smiley Happy 

Copper Contributor

Here's what I'm understanding. You are basically looking to sync 4 different applications: ACT!, OL, Google, and your phone.

CompanionLink Pro can sync all of these. You need to setup multiple profiles in CompanionLink Pro to handle this. The specifics of how it would be setup will depend on what type of phone you have.

> CHALLENGE 1:  However, i have many email messages and it seems to be downloading like 300 mb everytime i do send/receive for emails.(this is in outlook)  Will the emails be inside of ACT!?

No. CompanionLink does not sync email between Outlook and ACT!. ACT! has a built-in tool for Outlook email integration, which may or may not accomplish what you are looking for here.

> CHALLENGE 2: id like for my google tasks/calendar/contacts/emails to be synced with outlook and act.(this is with multiple emails/i use 1 main email for the calendar and the tasks).

CompanionLink will sync your Google calendar, contacts, and tasks with both Outlook and ACT!, using multiple profiles in CompanionLink Pro.  CompanionLink does not sync emails.

Also, CompanionLink can sync multiple Google accounts and multiple calendars.

> CHALLENGE 3: I'm assumming the tasks/calendar/contacts/emails can be synced to your phone as well.  (maybe not all contacts bc/ act is large.)  There are many softwares that sync with your phone, but they will only do a couple of the above.

CompanionLink can sync calendar, contacts, and tasks between ACT! and most handheld devices. The specifics of how this will be setup will depend on the type of phone you have, since different phones have different methods of synchronizing.  Your best bet here is to give CompanionLink a call at 503-243-5200 for technical support help.

Also, there is no limit on the number of contacts that CompanionLink can sync from ACT!. However, some mobile devices don't handle large numbers of contacts as well as others, so it may be necessary to limit the number of contacts that you are synching.

> CHALLENGE 4: When i make a change on my phone i'd like for it to make a change on act/outlook/gmail.  For example: if i were to change an appointment on the phone; it would adjust on my ACT calendar, outlook calendar, and gmail calendar.  And it wouldnt matter which platform you enter it from.

You should be able to do this with CompanionLink Pro, which supports bi-directional synchronization for all of these.

I hope this helps!

If this software is everything you say it is than that is amazing. i purchase companion link pro and it will help me complete all 4 of my challenges that ive listed below. WOW! quite amazing.  ill give it a whirl.

so ive been looking at the companion link site.  i see that  there is a companion link for google.  Im asssuming the 99.99 companion link professional includes the ability to sync with google.  I ask this because i saw a "companion link for google"  and i was assuming i wouldnt have to purchase both of these.  in addition to this i saw that the their is a 9.99 per month fee for wireless sync service? i dont know exactly what this is or if i need it. im assuming you know the answers to this given your name is Clink Smiley Happy.   Thanks. i can;t wait till everything is settled and completed. 

Copper Contributor

All you need is CompanionLink Pro.  It has the ability to sync ACT! to Outlook, and ACT! to Google.  You don't need the wireless sync service.

The CompanionLink for Google product only does ACT! to Google (in your situation).

[ Edited ]

so if i'm in the store and i make a change on my calendar on my phone it will update on google calendar and outlook calendar and ACT calendar while im in the store?

Why would a person purchase companion link regular version if it only does calendar from ACT to google? why wouldnt they just hook ACT! up to OUtlook and then download the free google to outlook software? just curious, trying to sort thorugh all the differences so i reallly understand this and make cerrtain im being as efficient as possible.  thank you.

Message Edited by brett701 on 03-17-2009 09:02 AM
Solution
Accepted by topic author brett701
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

CompanionLink can sync either manually, or automatically on a scheduled basis. If you are using the manual sync option, getting events to update from your phone to Google, Outlook and ACT! will require you to manually press the synchronize button in the CompanionLink software.

Alternatively, if you use CompanionLink's auto-sync feature, you can set an auto-sync interval of as little as 15 minutes, meaning that any events you update on your phone will update in ACT!, Outlook and Google within a 15 minute time-frame. When using auto-sync you won't be required to press the synchronize button, since the synchronization will occur automatically every 15 minutes.

> Why would a person purchase companion link regular version if it only does calendar from ACT to google? why wouldnt they just hook ACT! up to OUtlook and then download the free google to outlook software?

The Google Calendar sync software that Google provides for free doesn't sync contacts and tasks.  CompanionLink does.

awesome. thanks for your help. Smiley Happy   if i can help you out any way just tell me and ill do my best.