Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Sync with Outlook Calendar does not work

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sync with Outlook Calendar does not work

Hello Diane,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. The resolution depends on the situation.
- If you installed Outlook after you installed ACT!, then you will need to uninstall/reinstall ACT!
- If you installed the 64-bit version of Office 2010, then you will need to uninstall Office, uninstall ACT!, reinstall the 32-bit version of Office, and reinstall ACT! (ACT! does not support 64-bit Office)
- If none of the above are true and you are using ACT! 2012, then updating to Service Pack 1 may resolve:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2850...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

I've spent hours trying to figure out how to synch ACT Pro 2011 Calendar with Outlook.  Simply go to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, and uninstall ACT.  This fixes the problem of trying to syn with Outlook because it is not possible.

Highlighted

Hi Greig, I don't doubt your analysis of the situation but here is my problem. I don't remember the order but what ever it was it WAS working fine. I would even sync ACT on my desktop and it went over to my laptop and they both synced with individually with seperate Outlooks. BUT IT STOPPED. Why? Thanks, Charlie

Highlighted

Exactly like mine. I have outlook 2010 and ACT 2011. It was working fine then decided to stop a couple of months ago. I found one fix on a forum and updated to the latest patch. It worked ... for a couple of weeks and then stopped again. There are no answers out there and one would expect Sage to at least attempt to answer this obvious problem. I will try an outlook forum and see if they are any more helpful.

I notice that your mail hasn't been answered and you posted almost three weeks ago.

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave, thanks for the info but I have given up on ACT, it real sucks when it comes to fixing their problems. I've spent way to many hours on the problems. Thanks again. Charlie

Highlighted

I cannot get Outlook Calendars to update with Act either. I installed Outlook first. Sync with Contacts works OK. Sync with Calendars fails. Not sure what to do next.

Highlighted

I have a similar problem running 2012 Act! Premium with Hotfix 2 and Outlook 2007. We have five users on the database and only one has synching problems. We have tried absolutely everything to no avail. Has anyone ever succeeded in making this work once it fails? We did install Act after Outlook, so that can't be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Highlighted

Just a hunch Melissarp...does your non-syncing user have more than one profile in Outlook?

Highlighted

No, he doesn't. Does yours?

Highlighted

Yes....I wont go into the details, but I loaded ACT! onto an old PC, and to save time for the new user, I created a new profile on outlook for that user. I am suspicious that this contributed to the problem.

When I have some time, i will uninstall and re-install both outlook & ACT! with Outlook installed first. I will let you know how I go. I've tried nearly everything else I could find.  Probably try this Saturday morning.