Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync with Outlook Calendar does not work

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Sync with Outlook Calendar does not work

I am not able to sync my calendar with Outlook 2010. I am using Act 2011 premium.

i have set the options to sync everything but i can get anything to sync.

I am using Windows 7

Previous to this i was using Act 2010 and Outlook 2007 and it all went according to plan.

Any thought are appreciated.

Kurt

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kagoffice4
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Sync with Outlook Calendar does not work

well since no one has responded here. I am fortunate that someone over on the "Experts Exchange" forum did and new the answer. Act has to be installed after Outlook. On my new pc i did not even pay attention to what order i was installing programs but a simply uninstalll, reinstall and reboot and the sync works as intended.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author kagoffice4
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

well since no one has responded here. I am fortunate that someone over on the "Experts Exchange" forum did and new the answer. Act has to be installed after Outlook. On my new pc i did not even pay attention to what order i was installing programs but a simply uninstalll, reinstall and reboot and the sync works as intended.

So, Act! Support.  Any word on a fix for this?  I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall everything if I can avoid it.  I'm having the very same problem.  I'm testing the solution in a local environment.  

It's an awful thing when you have to reply to your own posts.  I'd like to provide some more details as to our operating environment because the synchroniczation is definitely hit-and-miss.  We have exactly 17 users set up in ACT! Premium 2011 (version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2).  We are running Windows Server 2008 R2.  We are also running Outlook 2010 32-bit edition.  We have a terminal server running a number of Hyper-V virtual machines but both ACT! and Outlook are installed on the same virtual server.  Additionally, the main database is physically on the same drive as the user databases although they do not reside in the same directory.

Per the "Expert Exchange" answer, I actually installed ACT! locally on my laptop.  I already had Outlook running and *presto* the sync worked.  So, I talked to my Systems Administrator and had him add and remove ACT! from the terminal server.  Voila! synchronization worked for me.

Here's the rub: 3 other users, all logging in exactly as I do only with different credentials cannot sync.  I've been through the setup more than a dozen times and cannot see where their setup differs from mine in any way other than the credentials.

I really hope you can come up with a solution to this issue.  I'd like to believe Sage is committed to customer service but the number of posts that I've read in recent weeks that remain unanswered makes me believe otherwise.  Please, please prove me wrong.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Similar problems:

• I've updated ACT! 2011 to SP2 HF 1(And HF2 if necessary).
  • Calendar sync seems to work on Outlook 2003 and 2010, on XP and Win 7 (32 & 64).
  • I can't get it to work on XP Pro with Outlook 2007.

I'll look forward to any updates here!

• PS - now found that it doesn't like Vista & Outlook 2007.
  • And I've got another one on XP Pro & Outlook 2003.
  • So no patern emerging unfortunately.

Roland

Roland Horwood
Frame Design
TJ Crump Oakwrights Ltd
www.oakwrights.co.uk

I don't think anyone from Sage actually monitors these boards.  I've been waiting for weeks to get a useful response.  The "Experts Exchange" answer below only partially solved my problem.

Well now we can add syncing with outlook when using 2011 with the web interface on Windows 7 with Outlook 2007 or 2010.

Any help would be appreciated.

The plot thickens.

We set up a brand new user and synchronization works just fine for that user under the environment I described before.  Then, I logged into Act as another user under my profile and synchronization worked then too.  Unfortunately, it synchronized my calendar (which is by design).

That leads me to at least one good conclusion: Act doesn't care who is logged in.  It negotiates based on user permissions and grabs whatever it can find from the OST file from Outlook.

I don't know that we're any closer to an answer.  However, that is what we've experienced.

When you say ACT doesn't care who's logged in, do you mean it doesn't care who is logged into ACT, or into Windows?

We are having a similar issue as well.  It's odd, as it acts like it's syncronizing, but once the bar fills it ends with a failure.  The syncronization worked before the upgrade from 2008.

I am having the same issues. I have to uninstall ACT for this to work?