Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync syscommit errors

Bronze Elite Contributor

Sync syscommit errors

I have had 5 reports over the last 2 weeks of the syscommit error from different clients. The ACTDIAG 15  fix does not sort and running the batch files on all users and servers is not an option. Can anyone explain why this sudden upturn with this error and what will fix it. Is it ACT, SQL on the local machines or something more serious going on.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Sync syscommit errors

Just thought I would give anyone having this problem an update. The current knowledgeable is poor in so much as it does not warn you that running the ACTDIAG 15 fix for this does not often fix it on first run even though it reports that it worked.

I suggest you run this 10 times on a large database before trying sync again. If it still comes up with an error try another 10 runs of the repair tool in ACTDIAG 15.

Can I suggest that this knowledgeable is updated and also that ACTDIAG is improved to show the progress of the repair/s and if it needs running multiple times.

Platinum Super Contributor

Ch1p,
Thank you for the update! I have updated article 28141 with a note to run the ACTDiag option multiple times.
Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks Greg

Bronze Elite Contributor

I have since evaluated all options and tried them. I have to reported that running the script on all remotes and server is the best way of fixing this error. As ACTDIAG does not report correctly if the error is resolves the only way of knowing if this is fixed is running the script until it reports (0) errors. As the problem can be passed form database to database via sync I recommend that all databases including the server (Publishing database) has the script run at the same time.

N.B. Makes sure that your right click on the script bat file and run as administrator as this is an important omission in the knoweldgebase article.