Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync settings with Outlook are lost

Sync settings with Outlook are lost

Hello everybody,

I have Outlook 2007 & 2010, who synchronised with ACT! 2011 (Prenium Entreprise).

I scheduled a sync every hour, for calendar & contacts, and it works.

But sometimes, at the opening of Act!, some users have to type the password of the contact.pad, because it said that the base is "locked", and it lost settings in "Tools => Preferences => Synchronisation MS Outlook & mail".

Thanks for reading Smiley Happy

Chris

Copper Contributor

Re: Sync settings with Outlook are lost

I am having the same problem.

ACT 2013 SP1 and Outlook 2010

Seems to happen to the Outlook Integration settings randomly.

Any thoughts?

Copper Contributor

Same products as e_hoog, and same problems. Hope someone has some advice.
Copper Contributor

Also, forgot to mention that the computer is a Windows 8 Pro laptop.  All of the settings were saved but had to check the "Enable Calendar Synchronization with Outlook" check box.  I don't have access to the laptop at the moment but I would like to see if it happened after a reboot.

The rest of the Windows 7 PC's don't have that issue or it hasn't surfaced yet but they do occasionally lose the password or database connection for the ACT Addressbook with Outlook.  Still trying to figure out what is causing this and I wonder if it has to do with the server rebooting.  Will also check for that and get back to you what I find.

-Eric

Copper Contributor

This has surfaced on one of our Windows 7 machines so I don't think it has anything to do with the OS.

This seems to have something to do with the ACT Address Book losing it's connection to the database.

As soon as I get prompted to enter the password again everything seems to work fine.

I have to wonder if it is the PAD file.  We are in a networked environment and the PAD file is stored on our ACT server on a network file share.  I am going to copy the PAD file locally to the affected users and point the ACT Address Book and Outlook Integration settings to the local PAD and see if it makes any difference.

Will post back on my findings.

Also this KB article may help: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13531#s1

Copper Contributor

Well after the whole week has passed I have not seen the issue come back with ACT Address Book and Outlook Integration settings after moving the PAD file from the network share to the local machines and pointing the settings to the local PAD file.

Hoping that this was the problem all along.  If I do see it return I will post back