10-23-2009 09:23 AM
It must have been a corrupt remote database. Here is what we ended up doing:
Created a backup of main database on server
From remote users PC in ACT went to Lookup --> Contact Activity Report
Looked for changes from the date since the last successful sync
Exported that to the main database on the server
Created a new remote database for that user
Logged into ACT from the users PC and did File --> restore --> database -- unpack and restore remote database
Once the new remote database was unpacked and restored the sync was suceessful.
Thank you all for your hlep.
04-06-2010 02:05 PM
For ACT! 2008 this seems to work, not sure if it will work with other versions. I occassionally get the out of memory error, usually when there have been many changes and the synch packet is large. The first thing to do is perform a check and repair on both machines. Then proceed to the sych. It seems that no information is being transmitted, because of the error message. However, I find that after a few attempts the synchronization does complete. I just had the error today and had to initialize the synch 4 times. On the last, it successfully completed.
Hopes this helps.