Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Sync out of memory error on server - please help

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Sync out of memory error on server - please help

What stage do you get the error in? Syncing files or syncing content?

In ActDiag on both machines Run the Database Sync Report > Sync Preview Report.

Post the results. This will tell us how much data is queued to sync and when the last successful date was.  

In ACTDIAG I do not see anywhere to run a database sync report, there are some database audit logs but I do not see a sync preview report.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Database list. 

Highlight the database.

Right Click and got to Reports > Sync Reports > Sync Preview reports.  

Copper Contributor

I used to get this error.  What fixed it for me was decreasing the Synchronization.FileBufferSize.  Try making it half or a quarter of what it is now.  If it still doesn't work half it again and again till it does.  After you get a good sync, you can set it back.  After you change it you have to stop and start Network sync service.  The setting is in the file Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.exe.config in C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT For Windows\ACT Network Sync.  There is a KB about this but I can't find it.  Something about too many small files trying to sync.  Hope that helps.

Rich

Rich Gehlbach
richgehl@roadrunner.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

It's important to identify where the problem is before making changes. If this is not a problem syncing files then making this change will not have any affect. It is also important to know the direction the files are transferring to know what config file to change. 

The error mesage is popping up on the users computer when it gets to initializing server.  

Here is the server side log, the remote user is one of our salesmen and he is traveling right now, I emailed him to get the report as soon as he sends it I will post it as well.

I put the file on Rapidshare, there is no way to attach files to posts? It's a rather long text file to post on the message board.

http://rapidshare.com/files/295959109/Server_Side_Sync_Preview_Report.txt.html

Here is the sync preview report from the users PC:

TCSLocalESE2007July2009 Database Sync Preview Report from ACTDiag
Oct 21 2009 11:22AM
Database Product Version: 9.00.3042.00
Database Server Name: SUDAT05\ACT7
Schema Version: 09.00.0556.0000
Schema Date:  2009-07-14 17:45:23.607
Database File Location: C:\Documents and Settings\sudat\My Documents\ACT\ACT For Windows 9\Databases\TCSLocalESE2007July2009.ADF

Sync Role: Subscriber

Is Publisher: 0
Is Subscriber: 1

FIELD LEGEND:
 LAST SUCCESSDATE - The successful "sent thru" datetime from this current database.
 LAST ATTEMPT DATE - The datetime of the last sync attempt.
 LAST COMPLETE DATE - The datetime the last sync actually finished/completed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYNCDBID:  1 (Current Database)
DATABASE TYPE:  Desktop
DATABASE:  TCSLocalESE2007July2009
PARENT DATABASE:  2 - ESE2007
LAST SUCCESS DATE:  Oct 14 2009  2:49PM      LAST ATTEMPT DATE:  Oct 21 2009 12:15PM
LAST COMPLETE DATE:  Oct 14 2009  2:50PM      SYNC DUR(MINUTES):  N/A
RECV SUCCESS DATE:  Oct 14 2009  2:49PM      RECV ATTEMPT DATE:  Oct 14 2009  2:49PM
ATTACHMENT SYNC:  1

SUPPLEMENTAL SYNC:  1

TABLEDOMAIN  TABLENAME                             ADDS  UPDATES  DELETES
---------------------   ---------------------                             ---------   ---------   ---------
Activity               TBL_ACTIVITY                              0           1           0       
Company            TBL_COMPANY                           0           10         0       
Contact               TBL_ADDRESS                           3           1           0       
Contact               TBL_CONTACT                            3           22         0       
Contact               TBL_EMAIL                                 1           1           0       
Contact               TBL_PHONE                               7           0           0       
History                TBL_COMPANY_HISTORY          10          0           0       
History                TBL_CONTACT_HISTORY            9           0           0       
History                TBL_HISTORY                             9           0           0       
History                TBL_OPPORTUNITY_HISTORY    9           0           0       
Note                    TBL_COMPANY_NOTE              11          0           1       
Note                    TBL_CONTACT_NOTE                15          0           1       
Note                    TBL_NOTE                                15          0           1       
Opportunity          TBL_OPPORTUNITY                   0           9           0       
Security               TBL_CONTACT_ACL                  3           0           0       
Sync                    TBL_SYNCCONTACT                 3           1           0       
Sync                    TBL_SYNCCONTACT_ACL        12          0           0       
Sync                    TBL_SYNCDB                           0           1           0       
Sync                    TBL_SYNCSUBSCRIPTION        3           0           0       
TOTALS:                                                             113         46          3       

LAST SYNC SESSION (SENT) STATISTICS:

DATASEGMENT      STATUS    ADDS   UPDATES     DELETES
------------                  ------------     ---------   ---------            ---------
DATA                    Incomplete       11          3                  0       
TOTALS:                                      11          3                  0       

Solution
Accepted by topic author bkpierce
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

First I'd recommend updating to 9.0.1 There are significant fixes. This update would need to be applied to each machine.

Run Check and Repair from within Act.

Cut a new remote. Restore it. 

In the original remote Lookup > Contact Activity > Records that have changed since Oct 14th. 

Export that lookup to the new database.  

So exporting that data from the 14th will prevent someone from having to re-enter all the data (notes ect) since the last successful sync? What about the other users suggestion of modifying the config file?

Thank You

Bronze Elite Contributor

The error message that you received is very general. It can happen in many areas of sync. Depending on the stage we have different options. 

If the error occurred during file sync, edit config files would be a good idea.

This plan will prevent you from re-entering data.

I strongly recommend updating to 9.0.1. This is a free update that addresses almost 100 customer facing defects since the version you are on.