Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Sync not working after moving database

Copper Contributor
Posts: 67
Country: New Zealand

Sync not working after moving database

Have just moved the main database from one server to another.  That part went ok.  I changed the settings on the remote database to point to the new server.  On ther new server database in the Sync panel, under Managed Database there are no remote databases defined.  This has not come across from the old server.  I did not really want to manully sync the remotes back into the server database & recreate the remotes again as ther are quite a few remotes.  How can I get these across form the old dtabase?.  Thanks

Tony
Bronze Contributor
Posts: 955
Country: Australia

Re: Sync not working after moving database

What were the steps you went through to move the database?

 

In the synch panel is the synchronisation still enabled?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 6,537
Country: USA

Re: Sync not working after moving database

It sounds like you may have moved the database by restoring a backup using Restore As. This actually creates a new database from the backup file, so that database will not have any remotes associated with it.  The best method to move a Publisher database from one machine to another is to detach it SQL and physically move the files to the new server. The steps for this can found in the following Knowledgbase article:

 

How To Retain Synchronization When the Publisher and/or Subscriber Database is Moved to a Different ...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor
Posts: 67
Country: New Zealand

Re: Sync not working after moving database

Hi Greig & Paul.  Yes I did a backup & restore & so I see that is not the correct way to do it to retain the sync settings.  I will think I will sync the remotes back into the main database & recreate them. Thanks

Tony