Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync filter by group

Sync filter by group

Is it possible to specify a group (or subgroup) as the filter for remote sync with ACT! 2010? I only want remote users to see contacts that are part of a particular group.

Thanks!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Sync filter by group

No, not exactly how you specify.  However, if you can make the group a dynamic group - meaning the membership of a group is based on a certain criteria, e.g. "State=MA", or "User10=XYZ", then you will essentially have the same thing.  Your group will be populated based on the field criteria, and that same field criteria can be used to define the sync set.

You also might want to look at Limited Access Manager, which could be useful.  Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Thanks for  the reply.

In effect, I need to add a field to the database, showing the contact's membership status in a group. Then, I use that field as the sync filter.

Seems like a workaround since group membership is handled already, but it will work.

Nickel Elite Contributor

A couple things:

Yes, you can add a field, or use one that's not being used.  I use User1 - User10 for alot of things, but equally popular is to just add a field specific to your needs.

Second, it is a workaround if you manually populate groups.  If you use dymanic group membership, then you will essentially be using the same criteria for both the group and sync set, and will not only be saving steps, but reducing the possibility of errors.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com