Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Sync failure "Failed to setup remote sync entity. Main database is inactive for sync"

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 48
Country: USA
Accepted Solution

Sync failure "Failed to setup remote sync entity. Main database is inactive for sync"

[ Edited ]

Both publisher and subscriber are running ACT Premium 2013 and Windows 7.  This error is happening on 2 different subscribers (and it used to work).  The network sync service is running on the publisher and the correct database name is showing as awaiting and monitoring incoming syncs.

 

Nothing I can detect has changed on the machine hosting the main database.  The remote user (on the local LAN) has full access rights to modify files in the publisher's ...\ACT Data\Databases folder (and subfolders)  I checked the Windows firewall on both subscribers and publisher and all the ACT components have rights through the firewall.

 

I ran ACTDIAG on the publisher prior to creating the remote db and there were no errors.

 

I even checked the router to make sure that port 65100 was being forwarded (even though that's has no effect on LAN connections).

 

I checked the KB article: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23332 and everything is set properly (I even tried to have the Network Sync service login as an admin user, but that had no effect).

 

????!!!!!, and of course, *&^%$#@!!

 

I have closed/detached/re-opened the publisher db and recreated the remote db and it still fails.

 

[Update]

 

I was able to successfully sync a different database.  That database was the source for the eventual import to the database that I'm experiencing the problems with.  One potential clue is that the remote db size on the successful sync is 135mb and the size of the remote db on the unsuccessful sync is only 23mb (and I chose to sync all users, so it should be about the same size as the other remote db)


Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ActNewb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 48
Country: USA

Re: Sync failure "Failed to setup remote sync entity. Main database is inactive for sync"

I was finally able to sync when I used the ACT function File/Save Copy As to create a new copy of the database.  From what info I gathered elsewhere, this supposedly acts to balance the database b-tree structure.  If this were a database performance issue, then I could understand why this would be useful.  Not sure how this was able to solve the issue, but I'm not complaining.  Smiley Wink

View solution in original post


All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ActNewb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 48
Country: USA

Re: Sync failure "Failed to setup remote sync entity. Main database is inactive for sync"

I was finally able to sync when I used the ACT function File/Save Copy As to create a new copy of the database.  From what info I gathered elsewhere, this supposedly acts to balance the database b-tree structure.  If this were a database performance issue, then I could understand why this would be useful.  Not sure how this was able to solve the issue, but I'm not complaining.  Smiley Wink