Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync error: Unable to check if schema is available for sync. Syncronization timed out.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sync error: Unable to check if schema is available for sync. Syncronization timed out.

Same problem as other users with a twist. We have 60 people who sync on the road. At periodic times I will get a call from a user with this error message:

Sync error:  Unable to check if schema is available for sync.  Syncronization timed out.  Check with your administrator.

However others can still sync. I might get 5 or 10 that can not sync and the rest are fine???? I even have a test remote database that is still able to sync. I have call support and have tried eveything the only thing that fixes them is to recreate there remote database. This is a real pain to have to do all the time. Any ideas....

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author wdbucur
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Sync error: Unable to check if schema is available for sync. Syncronization timed out.

2008 premium, network sync and already tried the increasing timeout values.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Sync error: Unable to check if schema is available for sync. Syncronization timed out.

What version of ACT! are you using and type of sync (application, network, internet)?  Run Check and Repair (Tools -> Database Maintenance) from with ACT! and increase timeout values on the remote side.

How to Change the Time Out Settings in ACT! Diagnostics Tool

Solution
Accepted by topic author wdbucur
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

2008 premium, network sync and already tried the increasing timeout values.