Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Problem with attachments

Sync Problem with attachments

Hello,

I use Act Premium 2011 with hotfix 4.

I've a dedicaced server for hosting my main database, the operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2. And i've 22 clients with Remote Databases, all of them is on Windows 7 except three on windows Xp.

On my main database i've 5622 file on attachments and the size of main database directory is 2,52Gb.

When clients sync theirs remote databases, each sync will take 1 or 2 hour and the size of each sync is 1 or 2 Gb.

When i launch the sync, i've a popup with many progress bar. The progress bar with the test of connection on the dedicaced server is ok. The progress bar with the change on the main database is ok. When i arrived on the progress bar of the number of files to sync, i've more of 2000 files to sync (Each client sync on morning and in the end of afternoon) and i don't understand why, because we didn't modify more than 30 files by day. 

I've test to sync alone several times in a row the number of file to sync change but the size of sync is substantially the same.

I've try to check if the date configuration is the same on the server and on clients and it's the same. 

I've no solutions for this problem and I just ask for your help.

Kind regards

Arctica

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Sync Problem with attachments

I'd first check in the database file folder - where you see the folders - attachments, templates, etc.  Check out the Backup folder - make sure there are no .BAK files hanging out there.  These are temporary files created during the ACT! backup process and should be deleted once the backup is successful and the zip file is created.  If you are doing a backup every night, this could be part of it...just a first, quick thought.

Second, are the syncs completing - it's just that it is taking forever?  Is everyone syncing at the same time, possibly?

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com

I've check the backup folder and he is empty.

When many clients sync their remote database we can have an error but if we relaunch the sync, the sync restart where it's stop before the bug.

I don't understand the logic of sync in act.

I've check the date and time on server and on clients, and it's the same.

Thank you for your help Klock

King regards

Arctica
Copper Elite Contributor

Can you post the error that is given when they sync?

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com

[ Edited ]

We have this error when the sync bug :

[ Error | 13/05/2011 16:13:05 ]Message: File synchronisation failed.

[ Error | 13/05/2011 16:13:05 ]Message: Synchronisation has failed. Server Error Description: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager failed to apply statuses. Status are not in sync with the source packets

à Act.Framework.Synchronization.DB.SyncStatusManager.ApplyStatus(SyncCommandList statusList, SyncOperationList operationList, SyncEntity remoteSyncEntity, SyncEntity localSyncEntity, SyncFunctionType functionType, Int32& totalFilesSynced)

à Act.Framework.Synchronization.DB.SyncStatusManager.ProcessStatus(SyncMessage syncMessageFromRemote, SyncMessage syncMessageToRemote, SyncEntity remoteSyncEntity, SyncEntity localSyncEntity, SyncFunctionType functionType)

à Act.Framework.Synchronization.DB.SyncStatusManager.ProcessStatus(SyncMessage syncMessageFromRemote, SyncMessage syncMessageToRemote, SyncEntity remoteSyncEntity, SyncEntity localSyncEntity, SyncFunctionType functionType)

à Act.Framework.Synchronization.Agents.SyncAgentFacade.ApplyChanges(SyncFunctionType functionType)

This error doesn't appear everytime.

The problem is with the attachments, i've try to create a remote database without attachments and when i've launch sync, i can make sync in few seconds. When i've a sync with attachments he sends few files and receive a lot of file.

I add the sync log to this reply :

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:08:35 ]Message: Sync remote client created.

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:08:40 ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync. 

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:08:44 ]Message: Client establishing synchronisation with server database: SANOTEKPREMIUM20110301

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:08:51 ]Message: Initial Handshake completed.

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:08:51 ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync. 

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:08:54 ]Message: Client initialized database send session: 53

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:08:56 ]Message: Client initialized. [ Info | 30/06/2011 04:08:57 ]

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:11:47 ]Message: Server initialized. 

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:11:49 ]Message: Server schema synchronised. 

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:38:41 ]Message: Files synchronised. 

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:38:57 ]Message: Content synchronised.

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:39:01 ]Message: Exceptions synchronised. 

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:39:04 ]Message: Synchronisation completion done. 

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:39:15 ]Message: Synchronisation has completed. 

[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:39:15 ]Message: Items sentSmiley Frustratedync - Added 6

Total Records Synchronised - 6Files

- Attempted 49, Completed 49

Exceptions Occurred - 0
[ Info | 30/06/2011 04:39:15 ]Message: Items received:Activity - Added 60,Deleted 1,Updated 21Company - Updated 4Contact - Added 19, Updated 16History - Added 36Security - Added 20, Updated 4Sync - Added 7Total Records Synchronized - 188Files - Attempted 1192, Completed 1192Exceptions Occurred - 0

Anyone have an idea for my problem?

Kind regards

Arctica