Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Issues

Copper Contributor

Sync Issues

i was having a problem with a colleagues machine syncing, i was getting the message about the instanace not running, anyway, i read a kb article about dropping the database, and then reattaching it by opening the ADF file, i did this, and it reattached, but when i try to sync, it comes up with the message below :

Synchronisation has faild, Server Error Description: .RDB has already been unpacked and synced at least once, Please recreate remote database or restore a backed up copy, contact your administrator for assistance.

i need to get this machine to sync, and then set up act on a new machine for them, repack the database and reinstall on the new machine ?

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Silver Contributor

Re: Sync Issues

You have to create a new sync. database. You can not restore a sync database more than once.

after you get the new sync database.  If you receive an error you can continue the thread and we can help.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

but if i create a new sync database, i will lose all the data that is stored locally, i have just found out it hasnt synced for around 80 days, so i desperatly need to recover the data in the local database ?

Thanks

Silver Contributor

that sync database will not sync again.  

you will need to lookup the data that has been changed and merge that into a new sync database.  (several steps here)

When you create the new remote, create a new one instead of just recreating the old one. That way you can keep both on your machine.

Just had a thought. When you open ACT and get the error message. make sure you are opening a .pad extension and not a .rdb.  If you are opening an RDB, go open ACT from the start menu and try and sync again. See if the same message is given.

At this point if it does not sync. you would either manually enter the changes (cheapest, but most time consuming) find a consultant. (fast, but costs $) or  go through the process of merging in the database that was orphaned before sync stopped working.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider