Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Issue

Copper Contributor

Sync Issue

I am running ACT! Premium 2008 (ST Edition) Ver 10.0.0.199.  We have 3 active databases and a total of 42 licenses.   We have 17 users running remote databases.  We use network sync through VPN.

We have a new server with 8 Intel Xeon E5335 2GHz processors, 4GB of RAM and lots of disk space.  We had this issue with our old server and I was hopeful it would go away with the new server and is has not.

Periodically, which is about every one to two weeks, the remote users recieve an error when they try to sync which tells them ACT! is unable to conntect to the server and they should contact the administrator.  I can find nothing wrong.  I stop and restart the ACT! Sync Service and it will run find for another week or two.  Because I travel and am not always able to log into the server, this becomes a real issue when the users can not sync.

Is anyone else finding this issue?  Have you discovered a fix for it?  I suppose I could create a batch file to stop and start the sync service once a day but this seems inappropriate.

Continued success,

Larry

Nickel Contributor

Re: Sync Issue

I have experienced a few odd syncing issues over the past few months, and some of them have been known bugs, and others have been related to different variables - like Anti-Virus programs.

I deployed the 10.02 updates and the hotfixes for syncing, but this created new issues - and I do not recommend it.

I haven't tested it myself (intend to soon), but I'd suggest you read the whitepaper on the recently released ACT 10.03, which seemingly addresses a large host of syncing issues.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sync Issue

Try automatically restarting the sync server on a schedule as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6q5plf

10.02 and 10.03 really fix a lot of sync issues, but as you need to apply to ALL systems you'll need to allocate the time to do it... You should as soon as you can.