Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync ACT! to a Palm Tungsten E2

Copper Contributor

Sync ACT! to a Palm Tungsten E2

I had been happily syncing between my Palm Tungsten E2 and Act 2008 on my laptop for what seemed like years.

The laptop died and since replacing it and reinstalling ACT and Act Link and Palm hot sync manager 4.1.0 I have been unable to sync from ACT to Palm.    If I hard reset the Palm (clear out all the info) and do an ACT overwrites Palm all information is loaded.   

However, after that first overwrite, Palm updates the laptop but no information flows from ACT to the Palm.

Any ideas?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sync ACT! to a Palm Tungsten E2

Some troubleshooting steps:

- run Check and Repair on your database.  This is under the Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair option

- try syncing the Palm to a different database (either the Act! demo or create a new database and enter a few contacts to test with)

If the Palm will sync correctly with a different database and the Check and Repair does not resolve the issue, the next step will be to create an Empty Copy of your database and then Export all of the data from the original database to the new one.

How to Create an Empty Copy

Best practices for Import/Export

Before going through the Export, in the Empty Copy create some contacts and sync to your Palm to test (to make sure the new database will sync correctly).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Sync ACT! to a Palm Tungsten E2

Thanks for the suggestions.   I tried ACT10demo and it worked.   I then reloaded my data base and it worked also.

This seems to have solved it.