Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync ACT! Templates Subfolders?

tgp
Copper Contributor

Sync ACT! Templates Subfolders?

We have a number of remote users using internet or network sync.  It appears that they can sync templates in the Templates folder but any folders in the templates folder are not synced.  There are some subfolders in the Templates folder but I am guessing they are there from when the remote database was originally created.  Is it not possible to sync subfolders and their contents?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sync ACT! Templates Subfolders?

No. the default sync assumes that none of the supplemental files folders have sub-folders.

Move the files to the mail folder.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually, for templates (as opposed to attached files), you might be able to do this with something like Dropbox
Copper Contributor

Mike,

What exactly do you mean by the "default sync?"  Is there a way to configure this differently?

I have a client that uses ACT (just upgraded from Premium 2008 to Premium 2010), and continues to have a lot of difficulties with getting templates synced between the main server and 5 or 6 remote databases.  They have templates organized into various subfolders.  Synchronization is done using the Internet sync service.

I've seen a variety of issues, such as: not all templates syncing, flattening of the folder structure, changing folder names, duplicate/nested folders, etc.

Brian