10-28-2010 03:18 PM
I have been using ACT email for almost a year. I am planning to switch to Outlook for my email. Am I going to lose all of my emails that are currently in ACT? Or is there a way to transfer them to Outlook when I make the switch. What is going to happen?
I am using ACT 10 on Windows XP.
10-29-2010 02:50 PM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. To do this:
- Open ACT! Email and backup your email database (File>Transfer Email)
- In the Email Setup, check both Internet Mail and Outlook as you email system, then finish out the email setup wizard
- Open ACT! Email and you will see mailboxes for your internet account and Outlook
- Just drag or copy the messages from the internet account mailbox over to the desired folders in the Outlook mailbox
- Go back to the Email Setup and uncheck Internet Mail; choose Outlook as your email system and your email client
- If you look in Outlook you should see your Internet Mail messages
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.