Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Switch from Mac to PC

Switch from Mac to PC

Hi there everyone -- so I'm new to this database, and its new to my company.  We are a cloud-based, Mac-reliant organization, but a it turns out (according to several calls to the Act technicians), certain difficulties we've been encountering can only be solved by a switch to a PC.  So we'll be doing that.  My question then, and it may be an obvious one, is Act on a PC an installed program?  And if so, will it work the same when accessed by an outside browser?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Switch from Mac to PC

When I read you posting I don't see a simple answer. In fact what I would like to do is discuss what you want to do and suggest alternative solutions. If you're interested give me a no obligation call off libe.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Do take up Roy's offer of a discussion.

Yes - You can run ACT for WEB from a suitable PC / Windows based machine where ACT has been installed.

Need to know -

Number of users.  Network and Router  and Internet  to see if external connection for WEB can be achieved.

What level of integration are you looking for with 3rd party Apps like Word and Email?

So back to - do take up Roy's offer - He is one of the good Guys and will give you good advice.

Well thank you, Roy.  What's a good time frame for you to talk?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Any time to day. I'm in the pacific time zone.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129