06-23-2011 10:43 AM
I am new to the email marketing, but what I thought was interesting is the only way CC or Swiftpage knows an email is opened.
Is when someone clicks on the graphics or pictures. So like myself if I read an email through a preview pain or just open an email to the full page, unless I click on one of those links they have no idea if I read the email. Makes it real hard to see who is actually opening and reading my emails.
06-23-2011 12:00 PM
06-23-2011 02:12 PM
Well, if you read your email in a program that automatically opens the image(s), then SPE or CC knows you opened the email. But Gmail, Outlook and others ask whether you want them to open the associated images and if you don't then you're correct, SPE or CC doesn't know. But generally, you don't have to click on each image.
06-23-2011 03:33 PM
The following scenarios constitute an open for Swiftpage's reporting:
1. If someone opens an email and views the images within a Swiftpage email. (In some email programs, the recipient will have to choose to view the images.)
-This tracking happens because Swiftpage places a 1x1 pixel image in the template to allow for tracking.
2. If someone clicks on a link if there are no viewable images.
3. Viewing a Swiftpage email from within the viewing pane of Microsoft Outlook. (Again, viewing images must be enabled)
06-24-2011 11:25 AM
We have recently migrated to Swiftpages from CC. I can't say enough about the integration factor with Swiftpages. Love not having to export lists, love having the resuts populate the customer record, love being able to just send an email right from ACT.
Now for the cons:
Not enough templates to choose from. I resent that they want to charge extra for "summer" templates. I can see a custom/branded email template but to charge for anything else is a bit bogus, IMHO
I don't find it nearly as user friendly at CC. I rarely ran across problems when I was trying to create an email. AND being new to email marketing when I started it was a much easier solution to figure out than Swiftpages would have been. Glad we were there first!
Not a fan of the fact that I can't generate reports (similar to email type reports) for surveys.
Not a fan that the bar graph info on the email reports is not someting I can export to excel...that each catagory (emails sent, emails opened, emails bounced, etc.) must be seperately exported and then the data must be manipulated to recreate any type of cumulative or summary report for management.
06-24-2011 12:27 PM
That is what I was looking for. Specifically, someone who had transitioned from CC to SP. THANKS!
A few follow-up questions:
I simply send out monthly newsletters and occassionally some other things, but not too much. I really want the integration you spoke of, but I like the template selection on CC and how easy it is to set an email up. I like being able to use different template each month. I may be willing, however, to go to a single template that I use each month, or perhaps 3 or 4 that I could rotate through.
4. Can you copy your previous emails to use again?
5. Can I share templates with others (they would have their own SP account) for them to edit/modify and then use?
6. Is there a place/forum where others share their templates, and I could share mine with them?
Thanks for your insight and your answers!
06-24-2011 01:38 PM
Great to hear you are enjoying the integration. Thanks also for your feedback that I will submit to our engineers as a request for future feature enhancements to our product- we're always interested in making it better. Have you explored the Account Reports in Swiftpage? Account Level Reports give you the ability to view the reports of every one of your team members in a cumulative analysis. You can see what emails have gone out on their behalf and the response rate of each email to help you make more informed business decisions. Account Reports are located in Online Reports in the upper right hand corner. You will need access to the account password in order to use Account Reports. Feel free to send us an email at email@example.com if you'd like more information.
06-27-2011 09:10 AM - edited 06-27-2011 09:11 AM
Wanted to help provide you with some answers to your follow-up questions:
5. Can I share templates with others (they would have their own SP account) for them to edit/modify and then use? Yes, here’s how: http://www.swiftpage.com/Support/documents/OnlineEditor/Sharing%20Templates%20with%20Users%20in%20Di...
6. Is there a place/forum where others share their templates, and I could share mine with them? Currently we don’t have this type of forum, but it is a wonderful idea and one that we are currently exploring.
7. Can you see exactly who clicked the various links in your SP email (Like you can in CC)? Yes, you can. Here’s how it will look in the online reports: http://swiftpage.com/Help/openclick/CampaignSummary.htm You will also have the ability to write this information back into ACT: http://swiftpage.com/Help/act2011/resultstab.htm