Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Swift Page vs. Constant Contact

Swift Page vs. Constant Contact

Has anyone used both products?  Can you let me know what the advantages and disadvantages are of each?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Swift Page vs. Constant Contact

What are you actually looking to do?

I have played with SwiftPage, but prefer MergeMaster!... not sure what Constand Contact does.
Tuned Listener

Kathleen, I have used both Constant Contact and Swiftpage and I prefer Swiftpage. Constant contact is outside of ACT and you are constantly exporting your email addresses and uploading them to the constant contact server. Swiftpage sits inside ACT on the tools menu and allows you to send your email to single contact, a lookup, or an already established Group. I the ease of use of it and cannot rave enough about it. You will also find free training and support on the Swiftpage site.

I read your post/comment from back in early 2008.  I currently use Constant Contact because they have so many templates and they are EASY to create/modify online.  I have tinkered with SwiftPage in the past (trial) and found the online email creation difficult and slow.  I would love to use SwiftPage because of the integration you mentioned.  How are your current thoughts of SwiftPage? 
Nickel Elite Contributor

rcurry -

I use SwiftPage, and since these original posts, there have been many upgrades. Not only is there email template creation improved, but you can upload your own templates (maybe this has been in a while, dunno).  There still are some things I'd like to see in the template toolbar, but then again, I don't want to be a designer, I want to get my message out.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Thanks Richard!!
Nickel Super Contributor

Even though Constant Contact offers a plug-in to ACT, since 2009,

http://www.constantcontact.com/about-constant-contact/press/press_2009_0402.jsp

it still lacks the features of the integrated ACT e-Marketing (Swiftpage) service.

Daniel Graves . . . Database-USA . . . Los Angeles . . . 818-780-3201
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤

I used Constant Contact and believe it is a much more robust, creative, and user friendly e-mail marketing service provider as opposed the one ACT by Sage implemented with "Sage E-marketing for ACT!"(which is thru Swiftpage) recently implemented within ACT. The only reason I ended up canceling my service with Constant Contact was because ACT indicated that their service (thru Swiftpage) would eliminate the need to have to do an "import" of the data (i.e. contacts, e-mail addresses, personal salutations, etc.) into Constant Contact thereby making it a lot "easier" to create e-mail marketing campaigns. However, I would have to say that I was much happier with Constant Contact because of the numerous templates you have to choose from and it is so much more professional looking and you have greater flexibility in customizing the template. I have put a recommendation to the ACT Leadership Team that they strongly consider looking at making Constant Contact another option for their users. I would most certainly jump right back to Constant Contact if they made it another option in the "Sage E-marketing for ACT!" feature.

Best of Luck,

D.R. Padilla
Copper Contributor

I just recently signed up with Swiftpage, the problem I am having is in Act if you only have a first name and you have a template in swiftpage that is set up to send emails with the first name. Act won't show the name, so swiftpage sends it out with no name.

If anyone has answer to this I would appreciate the help!

Bronze Contributor

Perhaps that is because if you only have a single name in ACT!, as you would if you only knew someone's first name, ACT! assumes it's their last name, which is just plain wrong.  Thus, SPE doesn't get the first name?

Signature