Do you mean 

Successful connection was made to computer, but Sage Act database not found

Successful connection was made to computer, but Sage Act database not found

- Version: Act Premium 2013 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 1

- Database is on a shared network folder

- Server on which database is served: Windows SBS 2011 Essentials, all updates

- Workstation OS: Windows 7 x64, all updates

Complete error message:

"A successful connection was made to the [server machine name] computer but the Sage ACT! database [database name] was not found. The database may have been moved or deleted. Searching for and opening the file [database name].adf on the [server machine name] computer may resolve this issue."

Hi there,

After a couple of incidents related to power failure, and subsequent network interruptions while Act was loaded on this workstation and thus rudely disconnected, I am randomly getting this issue. I only have this issue on ONE system, whereas the other 10 are working just fine. This issue is not consistent, although reboots of both the server and the workstation do not fix it, some days it "just works" while others I have this error. For me, this last fact really makes it hard to fix, since some days there is nothing wrong.

I do not understand why the "Act database was not found" at all, again keeping in mind this works on 10 other machines all similarly configured (even down to the same assigned drive letter assigned to the network share folder where Act sits).

Attempting to follow the advice of the message, trying to open the [database name].adf results in an error as well:

"[database name].adf. This file is in use. Enter a new name or close the pfile that's open in another program".

To give this further perspective, this setup has worked for just about 2 years with no problems until very recently...and nothing other than the aforementioned network connectivity issues has really changed anything significantly.

I am very interested in getting this resolved...anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Re: Successful connection was made to computer, but Sage Act database not found

*bump*

Copper Super Contributor

On the server, close ACT! and delete the xxx.pad file. Open the database to recreate the pad file and copy the new pad file to the local machine with the problem. Double click the pad file to open the database. Hopefully this helps. If not open the pad file and substitute the IP address for the machine name and try that.

Phillip R. Horn
ACTive Certified Consultants of Virginia, LLC
888-975-3111
www.accofva.com

First off: thank you for replying!

Second, would you mind clarifying the following:
- after deleting the xxx.pad file on the server, how to open the database? open the .ADF file locally on the server?
- when you say to copy the new .pad file to the local machine...I have never done that way before...always just opened the .pad file directly within the shared network folder, which resides on the server...is your suggestion better?

Thank you again!