Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sub Entity Reports

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sub Entity Reports

Hi,

Is there any way to report on Sub - entities, like activities etc. I have tried to modify a report externally ( by opening it in notepad++ and amending the XML) but it does not work

Thanks

Satyajit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author satyajit_singh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Sub Entity Reports

For bespoke/ custom reports I found using crystal reports was a solution. Also using crystal reports you coule develop solutions for dynamic reports and data extract to excel files etc. 

Satyajit

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you're referring to reporting on the sub-entity by its self, the answer is not with the ACT! reports. Sub-enties must be attached to a primary entity. 

Unless you have access to Component One documentation (the underlying report engine for the ACT! reports), I would suggest using the ACT! report editor rather than trying to edit the XML code directly to modify or create new report templates.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author satyajit_singh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

For bespoke/ custom reports I found using crystal reports was a solution. Also using crystal reports you coule develop solutions for dynamic reports and data extract to excel files etc. 

Satyajit

Bronze Super Contributor

Depending upon what exactly you need, creating "reports" in the dashboard module using the SQL Chart from DevNet (another forum here in the community) allows access to custom entities too...