Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Strange error keeps appearing!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Strange error keeps appearing!

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object." This is the big red "X" error I get after editing anything in the contact layout; it usually flashes 2-3 times. Can anyone point me to what this is [typically] caused by? Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance Smiley Happy
"People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people."

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author groofop
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Strange error keeps appearing!

Hi Groofop,

I find the best place to start when you get any error message is to do a search for it on the Swiftpage knowledge base, found here:

www.kb.swiftpage.com

The error message you are receiving is a very common one, luckily there is a Kbase on it, which provides steps to try based on what you are doing when you get the error:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24350/

I would definitely recommend searching any error message in the knowledge base first, and then jump into the community forums if you don't have any luck.  It also can be of great help to include steps that you have tried to use to resolve the issue as well.  This should result in a faster response to any issues you encounter.

Hope you found this helpful.

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

View solution in original post

All Replies

bump!

"People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people."
Solution
Accepted by topic author groofop
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Groofop,

I find the best place to start when you get any error message is to do a search for it on the Swiftpage knowledge base, found here:

www.kb.swiftpage.com

The error message you are receiving is a very common one, luckily there is a Kbase on it, which provides steps to try based on what you are doing when you get the error:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24350/

I would definitely recommend searching any error message in the knowledge base first, and then jump into the community forums if you don't have any luck.  It also can be of great help to include steps that you have tried to use to resolve the issue as well.  This should result in a faster response to any issues you encounter.

Hope you found this helpful.

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services