Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Storing Username and Password in Crystal Reports with ACT!

Copper Contributor

Storing Username and Password in Crystal Reports with ACT!

I use Crystal Reports for to write reports for ACT.

When i set up the connection for Crystal Reports using the "ACT! OLE DB Provider for Reporting 2.0" it prompts me for my usersname and password.  The report runs fine.

When i close the report and open it to run it again, i am immendiately prompted to enter the data source, username and password everytime.

Idid some testing and if the user has no password, it doesn't prompt and the report will just run.  It appears that it is the password not getting stored with the report.  Anyone know how to get the username and password saved in the report?

Thanks,

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Storing Username and Password in Crystal Reports with ACT!

It's connecting to the ACT! database and using the ACT! login rules, a single user database without a use password will open without a login, a single use database where the user has a password will always have a login prompt.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Darn. Thanks.

Silver Super Contributor

I have written an addon called Crystal Clear Provider that will run the reports for you.  There will soon be a new version out that doesn't require the user to log in to run the reports.  The reports will show up on the menu and can be run from there once the user logs into Act!.  If you'd like to see how it works you can download Crystal Clear Essentials which includes 60+ reports.  Crystal Clear Provider is quite a bit less expensive since the reports aren't included.  You can download the installer for CCE at the following link.  It will also install the latest Crystal Reports for Visual Studio runtime.

www.snapintools.com/cce21vs

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!