Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stored dates & times don't match actual dates & times for the local timezone

Copper Contributor

Stored dates & times don't match actual dates & times for the local timezone

I'm wanting to create a custom history report directly from the database tables, & I see the stored dates are 13 hours behind the actual dates. e.g. actula meeting on 2/12/13 at 11.45am stored in history table as 1/12/13 10.45pm. The server & workstation are both correctly set to the local timezone.  Is there a way to have the local date/time stored in the tables?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Stored dates & times don't match actual dates & times for the local timezone

System AM-PM settings and daylight time settings?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: Stored dates & times don't match actual dates & times for the local timezone

Thanks for your response.  The hosting server has the correct local date, time & timezone.  Is this what you mean?  I also have the exact same issue on a client's server, & it also has the correct local date, time & timezone.

Silver Super Contributor

The tables use GMT.  That way if you have locations in different time zones they just have to adjust for the time zone of the client and don't have to adjust to the time zone of the server.  I think you're stuck with it and I wouldn't recommend changing it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Silver Contributor

Add a calculated field to your report and adjust your local time from GMT. That will give you the correct time in your reports

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions.  It makes sense that dates are stored in GMT so that a single DB can be used in multiple timezones I guess.  I will try using a calculated date field on my report.