Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stopping ACT! Timer does not clear activities

Copper Contributor

Stopping ACT! Timer does not clear activities

I'm testing ACT! 2011 (13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 2) on a Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit test system before installing in a production environment.

If I use the ACT! Timer to time an activity, the Clear Activity dialog is not displayed when I click the stop button on the timer.

My steps:

Select an activity from the Activities tab on a contact. (I've also tried from the task list and calendar.)

Press Shift+F4.

Click the timer's start button.

Wait a few seconds.

Click the timer's stop button.

The timer is coming up correctly with the activity's 'regarding' text as the title and works as expected, except that the stop button is essentially another pause button. If I don't have an activity selected when I start the timer, it correctly opens a timer titled, "ACT! Timer" and the New History dialog is displayed when the timer is stopped.

Anyone else able to replicate this or is this a glitch with my installation?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Stopping ACT! Timer does not clear activities

Hello BHilty,

I have reproduced your results and will submit this to our Development team.  Unfortunately I'm unable to provide a timeframe for when it will be addressed.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Any news yet on whether this will be making it into the next hotfix? This issue is preventing us from upgrading from 2010 to 2011 since it breaks our sales procedures.

Platinum Elite Contributor

While I do not see that this issue was specifically mentioned as being fixed, I was not able to reproduce it in ACT! 2011 SP1 with Hot Fix 4 applied. Please apply the latest hotfix (from KB article 27440 or our Download Center on www.act.com) and see if this resolves.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

bhilty,
Sorry, I need to retract my earlier statement...the issue still exists with the latest hotfix. Currently, there is no information on the status of this issue in regards to the next hot fix.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

That's disappointing, but thank you for the quick reply. I'd appreciate an update if you hear anything about this issue.

Thanks,

B. Hilty

Copper Contributor

We are also disappointed with this, it would be great f it could be fixed sooner rather than later.  I am charged with the task of training our users how to get the most out of ACT!, this is no easy task when functions such as the timer don't work as they should, or as they are documented to do so.