Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stop History recording of Opportunity Status

Accepted Solution Solved
JM
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

Stop History recording of Opportunity Status

I know in Defined Fields for each Table (Opport) you can uncheck record to History, but  there is no Status field and a couple others.

Wondering if and where to stop it so I'm not creating unwanted History records of those changes that just increase my DB size.

I have Exponenciel Purge Notes & History but I like to stop the creation at the get go.

JM 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎01-22-2016 11:40 AM
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Stop History recording of Opportunity Status

After I posted it and being new coming from Prem V15 to v17.2 I played with the History List (not sure its a table) not the Contact Table's History Tab.  I found a couple of cool ways to help me purge History records that my Add-on could not, but at least easily shows me a report of everything.  

The History List allows me to narrow down to the type of record and with a specific value in the details of the record.

You would be surprised how much your DB grows when you may have by accident 1,000's of History records and will slow down the time for History List to complete it even it filters are set for ALL and your running on an SSD drive.

The second part of Cool is after creating the list of History records I can select them all and do a Delete.

Just saying this feature is nice to help clean house.

JM 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

The fields that you mention are System Fields and you are not able to access them to change the history settings. You can exclude system changes from the History Tab view and most of my clients tend to do this. The overhead from the history creation from the system fields is very small so I would just suggest using the filter in History to remove them and all field changes from view unless you need them. 

Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎01-22-2016 11:40 AM
JM
Nickel Contributor

After I posted it and being new coming from Prem V15 to v17.2 I played with the History List (not sure its a table) not the Contact Table's History Tab.  I found a couple of cool ways to help me purge History records that my Add-on could not, but at least easily shows me a report of everything.  

The History List allows me to narrow down to the type of record and with a specific value in the details of the record.

You would be surprised how much your DB grows when you may have by accident 1,000's of History records and will slow down the time for History List to complete it even it filters are set for ALL and your running on an SSD drive.

The second part of Cool is after creating the list of History records I can select them all and do a Delete.

Just saying this feature is nice to help clean house.

JM 

Bronze Super Contributor

The History List is one of the best things in Act! and can be used for many different reports.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org