Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sql instance name change.

Sql instance name change.

Hi all I have a question?

Right ACT! Premium 2013 is installed on Server 2012 Standard.

We also have Sql 2008,2008 R2 and Sql 2012 standard installed.

One thing I noticed was when I went into the actdiag it showed Sql Express 2008 as the server edition.  The thing is is we are running all standard versions of SQL on the server.  

My clients recently started getting very slow interaction with ACT recently.  It also affects their Outlook client.  

I know that Sql Express 2008 has limitations on cpu and memory. The customer has 57k contacts and multiple other things. I am wondering if the instance is restricting cpu and memory.

The databases are in Sql Server 2012.

Silver Contributor

Re: Sql instance name change.

there are limitations with sql express. you can create a new sql instance (it still must be called ACT 7, but it can be sql 2012 standard.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I guess the question though is if the instance will take advantage of more cores and memory?  The Sql server configuration for 2012 shows sql server act in there but the service and exe is tied to sql express 2008.

Before I do the work I am trying to determine if the current instance is using the cores and memory properly or not.

Silver Contributor

Yes, you would be able to take advantage of more resources as allowed by the beefed up sql version.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider