Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Speed of ACT

Speed of ACT

Does anyone else have an issue with the speed of their ACT program? I timed it and it takes about 15 seconds from the time I click on/enter a name until it opens up. Just wondering if there is a way to fix this issue easily so that I can get my work done faster!

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Speed of ACT

What is the total amount of RAM on your system? What is your hard drive speed in RPM? Is the database on a local drive or on a network server?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

We are on an in-house network server, but I am waiting on our IT dept to get back to me on the RAM and RPM, I am assuming now that it will be one of those issues. I will let you know what they say and see if it gets fixed, thank you! Smiley Happy

Hi Ray,

It turns out that I have pretty good RAM, 4GB, and the HD runs 54,000 or 72,000.....Our IT guy said that it isn't an issue with that, but rather an issue with ACt on my computer.....any suggestions?

Thank you,

Katelyn

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Katelyn,
Do other ACT! users of the same shared database experience the same performance, or is just on your machine? Also, what version of ACT! are you using (including hot fix number). This information can be found by going to Help > About ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

We are currently usiing ACT Sage Premium 2010 version 12.0.409.0, and it is slow on my computer as well as our remote users and 1 other person in the office, so hope that sheds some light....

Copper Elite Contributor

What's the specs on the server that is housing the database? (RAM and Harddrive speed).  You said your computer was 4 Gig and a decent harddrive.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com