Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sorting Opportunity List

Sorting Opportunity List

[ Edited ]

Afternoon all,

We're currently in the process of implementing Act! Premium throughout our business, and while Contacts and Companies have been imported successfully, the Opporunities are almost complete but some annoyances have occured.

What I am seeking, is if there is a way to sort the Opportunity in List View in a particular order. Our Opportunities are projects that will result in us generating a quotation to our clients, and a way of tracking these quotations we assign them a quote number.

Our assigned number is for example 00_0000, which is something that we have used since 2006, and what I would like to be able to do is sort this alphanumeric list in the correct way, for example, when I sort the list is results in the similar fashion as below;

01_0110

01_0111

01_0112

02_0110

02_0111

02_0112

03_0113

03_0113

But what I would like, is for the list to be sorted taking into account all the numbers and possibly omitting the underscore, so the list reads like;

01_0110

02_0110

03_0110

01_0210

02_0210

01_0112

02_0112

01_0212

02_0212

Is there away of getting act to sort a list like this? It isn't a problem sorting by the date the opportunity was created, however as I am still importing 1792 opportunities, some have had the tendency to miss some small information that doesn't show the correct date, if at all.

Thanking you all in advanced, I hope that I was able to convey my message properly.

TL;DR - Looking for a way to sort a list from a field in a way that Act wont currently let me sort it.

Regards

Ross

Edit: We are using Act! Premium 16.1.207.0 With Hot Fix 1

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sorting Opportunity List

The answer to your basic question, no there isn't any way to do the sort the way you want and it's not an ACT! issue, it's an issue with your quote numbers.

Because of the quote number includes an underscore, the field must be a text field. Number sorts in a text field is strictly from left to right as ACT! is doing the sort. In fact simply not possible even if you could do a numeric sort on the field, there simply isn't any defined order for the way you want it to sort. Sorry.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Sorting Opportunity List

Thanks for your reply, Roy.

I gathered that it wasn't going to be able to do, I just wondered if there was a way of using filters and expressions to something to help out. Not to worry, sorting by the open date works just as well anyway, so I will stick with that.

Regards

Ross