Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sort Act! Address Book?

Astute Commentator

Sort Act! Address Book?

Is there a way you can sort the Act! Address Book that is used in Outlook so that it shows up as Last Name, First Name?

Astute Commentator

Re: Sort Act! Address Book?

Well, I don't think there is a way to do this from reading the previous versions of Act!, however If someone knows that it can be done...please share!  Smiley Happy 

Administrator

Hi chtipton,

Check out this Microsoft support article on the subject: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Display-the-Contacts-list-in-last-name-first-name-format-2e...

Astute Commentator

Thanks, I had found that before but the Contacts in Outlook at setup with our IT department as Last Name, First Name...so I was hoping the Act! Address Book could be setup the same way but I don't think it can be setup that way though.  Smiley Sad  

Administrator

Ahh yes, apologies, I see there isn't an option for arranging the names when the Act! Address Book is selected in the Account Settings.
I've confirmed there is no way to change this.

You might find it faster to do your contact name lookups in Act, and then emailing them using the commands there.

The only other workaround would be to create your contacts in the Outlook Address Book, and then Sync them with your Act! database. This would let you use the setting referenced in the Microsoft support article.