Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sometimes Synchronization works and sometimes it doesn't

Sometimes Synchronization works and sometimes it doesn't

I am running Act 2011 Premium,  I synched my desktop to my laptop about 2 weeks ago.  Tonight I went to do it and I am told that Act is unable to connect to the sync server, check to be sure "accept incoming sync is enabled in the main database  IT IS, and tha the Network sync service is running IT IS, and be sure you are connected to the network.  IT IS.

I don't have a clue then what can be stopping the sychronization.

Does any one know why this can happen. 

Silver Contributor

Re: Sometimes Synchronization works and sometimes it doesn't

Before starting sync, try and browse the network to the shared folder location where the database is located.. Also, try rebooting before syncing? Any chance the laptop is coming out of sleep or hybrination mode prior to sync? If this is the case, it may be a networking issus with client computer unable to see the publisher.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thank you for the suggestion,  it didn't work.  I don't know what to do now, the firewall, the port and everything else weren't touched since last synchronization.  This is the only problem that I ever run into with Act,  I hate the process to set it up and make it work  it is not at all intuitive and user friendly.

I am headed away for a long business trip now and cant sync the two computers before I leave.

If you have any more suggestions,  I am all ears.

Have you ever used a cable to sync Act? 

thanks

Lisa

Silver Contributor

You could use a crossover cable to sync ACT.  By the way, if you need help, a lot of ACT consultants would be very anxious to help you.  It's what we do.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Print calendar

when I print a calendar by day from the file/print menu.  I would like to day to go from 8 am to 6 pm and print on one page.

It only prints till 4 pm.  Is there a way to change this?  one page calendar day shouldn't have to be two pages.

I am printing it as plain paper, 5.5 x 8 size in landscape.  

Even if I request as a full page it ends up two pieces of paper.

any thoughts?

Copper Elite Contributor

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm having the same exact problem right now, and I too have the same problem intermittently. 

It drives me nuts when I have to waste time dealing with this issue. It should be bulletproof.