Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some users can't log on to database (hosted)

Some users can't log on to database (hosted)

We were forced to move our ACT! Premium services to the cloud (company policy) last year but our experience so far has been frustrating to say the least. We have 5 active licenses, and from the very beginning some of the users have reported issues logging into the database.

First of all, sometimes it automatically defaults so that when some of the users log in they get this screen:

capture-20160530-163135 ACT Calendar Screen.png

The only way to get to the actual database is to click on the bookmarked link to go back to the login screen, which will then take them to the dashboard (default). As of Friday one user can't get past the Calendar screen at all. If she tries to navigate away from the screen, it kicks her out. If she tries to log back in, we get this screen that so far hasn't done anything in the last 20 mins.

capture-20160517-135205 ACT Loading Database.png

We all have the identical computer configurations - Windows 7 Professional, doesn't matter whether we use IE, Firefox or Chrome, using Act! Premium (hosted)  v 18.1.108.0.  We should all be set to have Administrator privileges on the database. This doesn't affect all users, and it isn't all the time.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Some users can't log on to database (hosted)

Have you tried logging a ticket with the web support guys? They might be the best to deal with this.
http://www.act.com/resources/contact

Hi there, the first screenshot you have is the calendar, but it is the mobile version. This should only happen if using a mobile device or a tablet, I take it this isn't the case? I know you mentioned you are using Windows 7, this isn't on perhaps a surface pro or something similar?

I tried typing in the URL in the second screenshot and I get straight to the login page. My initial thoughts is that it would be something that is similar on all of your PCs. For example, are you able to give this a try from outside the office? Just quickly log in from home and see if you get the same problems?

Hi Steven. No, not a mobile browser. This is from a desktop computer, no laptops or chromebooks, etc.

The weird thing is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm currently logged in, and when I input my user name and password it takes me straight to the dashboard. My coworker always lands on that mobile calendar, then has to navigate away from the page. I discovered that if she clicked on the shortcut to go back to the login screen, if she was already logged in it would instead re-direct her to the dashboard which is supposed to be the default.

Will put in a support ticket, but I've found that the community forum is usually faster. I tried the live chat several times but there is never anyone available or the queue is 40+ mins.
Administrator

Hi Kiki,

I see you have logged a support ticket for this issue yesterday. I apologise for the delay.

I'll monitor the ticket to ensure that it followed up as soon as possible.