Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Solution to Peachtree Link For ACT! (Steve Method 1.0)

Copper Contributor

Solution to Peachtree Link For ACT! (Steve Method 1.0)

I am so happy I figured out a solution to NOT having to purchase additional licenses for Peachtree and link it with ACT! without compromising your security.

While the solution is "creative" it does put my mind at ease that sales people can still see which of their client hasn't paid their invoces but cannot access Peachtree program from their workstation.

Solution:

As you know you must install peachtree on each local machine.

After it is installed you must sacrifice ONE license (better than having to give each sales person a license which we all know is $$$).

This one logon will be shared by all the users who will link up ACT! with Peachtree.

Now, install the ACT! Link

Set it up with the appropriate peachtree login

Now it's linked.

BUT, the problem is, what's stopping the sales person from going to their START menu and starting up peachtree and poking around in the program

WELL, there are many password protect programs out there. The one I chose was Password Protecto (http://www.blumentals.net/protector/ ) You can buy one family pack and use it for all your computers ($34.98) .

Set up the program to protect PEACHTREE and viola! The user of the workstation cannot run the peachtree program but can view customer peachtree info from ACT!

I know it's kind of a messy solution but as of now, I believe my method "Steve Method" Smiley Very Happy  (haha) is the only way as there are NO add-ons that are convenient to link of act and peachtree without have to purchase a user license for each person (even though they are not using peachtree just reading the data).

I hope this helps someone on here.

-Steve

Re: Solution to Peachtree Link For ACT! (Steve Method 1.0)

Siegel,

Im curious what version Peachtree you are using and Act! Version? We are working on integration of our sales and financing.

Copper Contributor

Peachtree 2008 and Act! 2009 Premium

My solution is the best as of yet. I don't want my sales people using peachtree but they need to see when their clients haven't paid invoices or who hasn't bought in a while (sales history).

Hope my solution helps.

Thank you for the help siegel

Steve Method is a great idea!!

We are looking to upgrade, we will have Peachtree 2012 soon and we have the challenge of keeping our sales force out of Peachtree while still being able to access data for ACT.

Has anyone else tried this so I can get some additional feedback?

Please let me know!! Thanks!!!