Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart tasks deleted still running!!! how to stop it?

Copper Super Contributor

Smart tasks deleted still running!!! how to stop it?

Hello,

I created smart tasks to try. I don't want to use them anymore. I deleted them ALL, deleted all the pending tasks also. Yet they are still running creating tons of alarms.

What is the fix?

Thank you

Administrator

Re: Smart tasks deleted still running!!! how to stop it?

[ Edited ]

Hi gregcsharp,

There can be cases where pending smart tasks are still be running in the background. Please can you follow the steps in the following Knowledgebase article to clear these completely (This article references a different issue, but the steps are the same): http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37961

It's also possible that the smart tasks created all the activities and alarms before you deleted them, and they are are what you're being notified of now. Depending on the number of activities and alarms this has created, you you manually delete the activities or turn off the alarms.

Copper Super Contributor

Hello Garry,

Thanks for the input. It seems that the article link is missing in your post.

Also, it is clear to me that the task is still running because I could see contacts with no alarms created and coming back to the same contacts later or another and I could not see created alarms. I am also able to take a pick at the CREATEDATE field directly in the database that shows me when the alarm was created.

Thank you
Gregory
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Whoops, sorry. The article link has been added to my previous post.

Copper Super Contributor

Ok i see it now Smiley Happy

I will try that after business hours when no one is connected to the database. I will let you know.

Thanks!
Copper Super Contributor

Gary,

I never had a chance to confirm this with you. Our server actually crashed and when we build a new one and restored the database, the issue was not there anymore.

Gregory

Administrator

Thanks for the update Gregory.
Glad to hear things are working better now.