Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart task to only email one contact from Record's list?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Smart task to only email one contact from Record's list?

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

When setting up a smart task to email contacts, it only provides me with the options of choosing a specific contact, or emailing the record's entire associated contact list.  Is there a way for me to further specify which contact from the record's contact list?  For example, could I have it look for associated contacts that have a specific title? I am using Act! Premium Version 16.1.207.0

Thanks very much for your help!

Heather

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heather12
‎12-09-2015 08:26 AM

Re: Smart task to only email one contact from Record's list?

Hi Heather,

I understand your problem. The only options available are Select contacts (a specific contact or group of contacts), Records Contact List (all contacts related to that opportunity), Record Manager (Record manager of the opportunity) or Smart Task User (Whoever started the smart task in question).

I don't think any of these options are really going to be much help. You may have to settle for the smart task to create an activity reminder rather than an automatic e-mail due to your requirements.

Peter

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi Heather,

When setting up an e-mail step on a smart task, click on the "contacts" button next to the "To" box and choose "Select Contacts" at the top of the list of available options. In here you can manually go through your list of contacts and specify who you would like to be included on the e-mail. There is also a drop down at the top of this screen where you can choose to e-mail contacts inside specific groups. It may be worthwhile setting up specific e-mail groups first so you can take advantage of this feature. If you are unsure how to use groups, please take a look at the following KB which explains how to set these up: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12864/kw/groups

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for your reply.  The issue is that the task to do remains the same, but the specific contact won't be the same across opportunities.  For example, although the auto task would always need to email the contact after a specific stage change with a title of 'engineer' whose associated with the opportunity, that 'engineer' contact would vary based on the opportunity.  Can I create a query for this? 

Thanks again for your assistance Smiley Happy

Solution
Accepted by topic author Heather12
‎12-09-2015 08:26 AM

Hi Heather,

I understand your problem. The only options available are Select contacts (a specific contact or group of contacts), Records Contact List (all contacts related to that opportunity), Record Manager (Record manager of the opportunity) or Smart Task User (Whoever started the smart task in question).

I don't think any of these options are really going to be much help. You may have to settle for the smart task to create an activity reminder rather than an automatic e-mail due to your requirements.

Peter

Thanks for clarifying Peter, your assistance is greatly appreciated!