Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart task that triggers from another task being completed?

Smart task that triggers from another task being completed?

Hi all,

I am using Act! Premium version 19, windows 10, and database is on another computer.

I can create a to-do for my boss to remind him to send payroll each week--what he wants is this: when he checks off that to-do as complete have an e-mail sent to the office staff letting them know he sent payroll. I have been on the phone to India twice with this one, and so far we can only get it to run as a smart task manually--often with days of being "in progress." Even if it were to manually run immediately, manually running the smart task defeats the purpose.

Is there any way to set this up as "when conditions are met" or "weekly," so that he just checks off the finished to-do and bam?

Thanks for your help in advance,

David

Administrator

Re: Smart task that triggers from another task being completed?

Hi David,

I can't think of a way to do this using smart tasks. They can only be triggered from data existing in Contact or Opportunity fields, and not in any of the History or Activity tables.
Without the use of a third-party addon, this would always be a manual "remember to send the email" type action.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Bronze Elite Contributor

I have used the add-on linked below to resolve a similar problem for a client.

The add-on sends an email prompted by the activity in ACT becoming due. The person prompted then replies with a cc to all staff saying the activity has been completed.

This is as near as I think you can get to cover your request but other may know better.

https://store.toplineresults.com/Product-TopLine-Alerts-Professional_13.aspx

Thank you again--while I am not sure my employer will want to spend $150 on this, I will ask.

Another question stems from this conversation: could we set up a field (maybe date related?) in his contact that the smart task can find?