Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Tasks Not Working

Smart Tasks Not Working

Hi there,

We are running Act v16 in Windows 7.  We have numerous smart tasks that run automatically for 7 users that have all quit working.  I have tried disabling and enabling, and I have created new tasks and they aren't running at all.  All are scheduled to run when stages are changed and so the database is running.  When I run one of the tasks manually, it will show as In Progress in the Manage Smart Tasks Status tab, but does not show in the task list or Activity tab associated with the opportunity.  Also, no changes were made or system updates performed to the overall environment. Any ideas as I'm totally stumped???

Thanks!

Heather

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Smart Tasks Not Working

Just so we know if it is database specific or system environment can you see if smart tasks work on the demo database? 

Hi there,

No, I couldn't get them to work in the demo database either.  I was concerned it was system related, but there wasn't any changes made?

Bronze Elite Contributor

I see you are on ACT V16 and you may know that there is a problem with a Widows 7 .NET update that has caused issues although I have not had Smart Tasks reported as one of them. Ask your IT company to roll back windows .NET updates to before this issue, this has got to be worth a try.

Administrator

Hi Heather,

It would also be worth checking in Schedule > Show Pending Smart Task Steps, to see if there is anything in the backlog.
If this is empty, I'd create a new smart task with something really simple, like if User Field 1 is equal to "1" > Update User Field 1 with "2", and see if that works. Start by making it manual, and then try again with an auto running one.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, am still having issues.

We don't have version 4.6 of the .net framework installed.  Also, I spoke to IT and they really don't want to roll back any kind of security update.

There wasn't anything in the Schedule > Show Pending Smart Task Steps so I attempted a basic manually run smart task and it didn't go.  It does show with the rest I tried to manually run as "In Progress" in the Manage Smart Task status box however.  

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated??

Administrator

Hi Heather,

It would be worth trying the steps detailed in the following Knowledgebase article. They are described for a different issue, but running the .bat file may also resolve your issue. http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37961

I ran the .bat file and unfortunately that didn't work.  Thanks very much for the suggestion though!  Hopefully you might have another idea?

Administrator

Hi Heather,

I would recommend speaking to one of our technicians by calling our support line, for which an active support contract is required. We would have to investigate this issue in more detail.