Do you mean 

Smart Tasks - Creating for other than Contact or Opportunity records

Tuned Listener

Smart Tasks - Creating for other than Contact or Opportunity records

working in Premium 2012

multiple users w/ each user assigned its own GROUP of contacts

want to setup a Smart Task for the Contacts within a GROUP

can't seem to create GROUP as a criteria to for selection

Has anyone had success creating a Smart Task for something other than Contact or Opportunities?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Smart Tasks - Creating for other than Contact or Opportunity records

[ Edited ]

Smart tasks are only used for Contact or Opportunity records, for groups you can use the dynamic members option and create criteria to automatically add new contacts to the group if they meet the criteria in the group

Tuned Listener

thank you for the quick reply.  what i'm looking to do is to schedule activity reminders using the edit date as my critera.  however, if i set this for Contacts, i get reminders for all contacts.  i'd like to define the contacts that are surveyed by the group they are in.

I'm not sure that i understand how dynamic members will allow me to do this.  can you elaborate?

Nickel Contributor

For more information on groups have a look at this link and go to the "Creating Group Membership Criteria"

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15301

This shows how you can add contacts to a group dynamically because they meet the criteria.

You could try and create a scheduled smart task that looks at the contact modified date and also has the same conditions as the group.

Tuned Listener

yes.  i was planning to schedule a smart task using the contact edit date.  but i could not figure out how to select a group of contacts for the task to be run against.

based on the link information, it looks like my only option is to use a current Contact field as a connection to a Group assignment.  for example, if we were diligent about making sure that Record Manager = Group assignment, it could be used as a criteria for scheduling the Smart Task, along with say, Edit Date.

Is this what you were suggesting?

Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

If your group is using dynamic criteria to add the contacts to the group,(not manually adding contacts to it) then the smart task would use the same conditions + the contact edit date.

I would create a group with a couple of contacts in it, create the smart task and test to see if it works.

Tuned Listener

additions to the group are manual.  will try the Record Manager option and see how that works.  thanks again for the great and timely support!