Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task?

MT

Smart Task?

I rus sales at my company.  All users in my company have access to opportunies and contact records and can make entries.  Busy salespeople sometimes ask admin staff to enter new opportunities or contact records.  When new entries are made in a contact or opportunity field or history, the person making the entry is recorded as the record manager for that entry.  To make sure I can always track opportunities by the salesperson responsible, I've created a field titled "Assigned To" in the Opportunity screen and do opportunities Queries based on the Assigned To field.  I would like to create a Smart Task to send the salesperson an email  follow up reminder X days after the creation of the opportunity, but in the pull down list for who the email should be sent to there are only limited choices - the record manager or the contact associated with that opportunity.  Any ideas on how to create automated reminders to the sales person to follow up on specific opportunities, regardless of whether they are the record manager or not?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Smart Task?

Is there a specific reason you are using the custom field to assign the oppty as opposed to the Record Manager field?

That field is typically intended to be used that way, which is why the Smart Task was designed the way that it was...

MT

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.  I see that others can make entries and select another name from the pulldown menu in the Record Manager field.  That will keep the record manager name consistent and make the available reports useful.  We were showing multiple names as record manager for the same record.    Thanks again.

Bronze Super Contributor

We were showing multiple names as record manager for the same record.  

I am not entirely sure:  Will the record manager work for you?  What did the above statement mean?

This is one of those examples where getting an expert involved when implementing a system is crucial.