Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task sent email no copy in Outlook 2016 Sent Folder

Accepted Solution Solved
JM
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

Smart Task sent email no copy in Outlook 2016 Sent Folder

ACT! 18.2 Prem on Win10 with Office 365 (Outlook 2016).

I created Smart Task to "send email" from my contact list and change a field value.  Everything works except I don't see in any of my outlook sent folder (I have 4 accounts) the sent email. 

I don't see any options setting in the Smart Task Step creating the email. 

JM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎10-26-2016 04:37 PM
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Smart Task sent email no copy in Outlook 2016 Sent Folder

I FIXED IT the sent email now goes into Sent folder.

Yes I had it earlier but was not in any folder.

This problem seems to have started last week but did not notice it till I did a second round Smart Task email to about 8 contacts.

Today I noticed in Windows lower right task tray the ACT mail icon "Attach to ACT! Contact Progress" was missing and not showing up when emails should have.

I started over running different tests to help narrow it down.  Now I can say this problem is not related to only happening when I Run Smart Task. Because it also happens if I click on the email field in the ACT user contact record that will pop up the compose email message.

After 3rd test email I just went into ACT Preferences detached Outlook address book.

Ran ACT Check Repair then closed ACT

Closed Outlook 2016 ran the PST repair Tool then in control panel opened Mail and for my defualt account PST file ran a Compress.

Next did a Windows restart then after booted up the Contact Progress shows up.

Next in ACT I added back the Outlook Address book (Note I did try this days ago but no help).

Ran a test email and now works.

I have 2 Gmail (IMAP) accounts, 1 sbcglobal.net (POP3) and 1 work domain (POP3) account.  My Outlook has one PST that I configured my work and sbc incoming emails to go to created folders.  As for those accounts those sent messages go into a created sent folder.  I have Rules setup to move specific emails into specific folders.  When I was running tests my composed email started from ACT had FR:Workemail and TO:Workemail wich would not put sent email in any folder in outlook. The other test that failed was FR:as gmail TO:as work so the issue was if my work email was in any FR/ TO: the issue happened.

JM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi JM,

Can you please confirm that the email generated by the smart task step was indeed sent, and received at the recipient's end?
JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]
Yes they were which is very odd how there could not be copy. I even checked all outlook folders.
Administrator

[ Edited ]

I've just tested this, and the email was successfully sent, and saved in my Outlook "Sent Items" folder.

Could you try sending a test email with a unique word though the smart task, then perform a search in Outlook for the word, using the "All Outlook Items" option?

Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎10-26-2016 04:37 PM
JM
Nickel Contributor

I FIXED IT the sent email now goes into Sent folder.

Yes I had it earlier but was not in any folder.

This problem seems to have started last week but did not notice it till I did a second round Smart Task email to about 8 contacts.

Today I noticed in Windows lower right task tray the ACT mail icon "Attach to ACT! Contact Progress" was missing and not showing up when emails should have.

I started over running different tests to help narrow it down.  Now I can say this problem is not related to only happening when I Run Smart Task. Because it also happens if I click on the email field in the ACT user contact record that will pop up the compose email message.

After 3rd test email I just went into ACT Preferences detached Outlook address book.

Ran ACT Check Repair then closed ACT

Closed Outlook 2016 ran the PST repair Tool then in control panel opened Mail and for my defualt account PST file ran a Compress.

Next did a Windows restart then after booted up the Contact Progress shows up.

Next in ACT I added back the Outlook Address book (Note I did try this days ago but no help).

Ran a test email and now works.

I have 2 Gmail (IMAP) accounts, 1 sbcglobal.net (POP3) and 1 work domain (POP3) account.  My Outlook has one PST that I configured my work and sbc incoming emails to go to created folders.  As for those accounts those sent messages go into a created sent folder.  I have Rules setup to move specific emails into specific folders.  When I was running tests my composed email started from ACT had FR:Workemail and TO:Workemail wich would not put sent email in any folder in outlook. The other test that failed was FR:as gmail TO:as work so the issue was if my work email was in any FR/ TO: the issue happened.

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gary W.

It seems after fixing missing sent emails in sent folder I am back to it not working again after I did a batch of 17 Smart Task.  I know they went out because I'm getting responses back and my defined field is updated and there is a History email record created.

I then clicked on a contact record email field to compose what was initiated from ACT and that email did put the email on Sent Folder.

Running ACT Prem 18.2.53.0 Update 1

JM

Administrator

Hi JM,

I think in this case, if you need help with further troubleshooting, a call to our support team would be the best course of action, so that we can set up a support session and look into your setup in more detail.
JM
Nickel Contributor

I'll try again but last time tech said call Microsoft support for outlook office 365 ver. 2016 being the issue?