Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task Question

Smart Task Question

Hello!  This is my first post on the forum, I just got Act 2012 Premium for my business (Personal & Commercial Insurance).  I LOVE this version of Act (played on '07 before) especially because of the Smart Tasks and the more efficient ways of doing things. 

Right now i have it setup to automatically scan (I wish it was instant) my database every day at 3:00pm for any contacts whose ID/Status has been updated to Client. 

The process i have setup schedules a follow up call with each client at 3 month intervuals up to 2 years out.  Ultimately  I would like to have it so i can have the follow up process schedule out for 50 years.

My question about Smart Tasks is..

Say I lose a client after 3 years of doing bussiness for some reason then i'm going to have all these follow up call's in my calendar for that previous client.. right?

If so is there any way to have that particular "Smart" Task see that whenever a ID/Status is changed to anything other than Client that it will stop/clear/erase all future Follow Ups it scheduled??

Thanks a lot!

-Justin

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Smart Task Question

Hello Justin,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you have setup the Smart Task using a criteria based on the ID/Status being Client, then when a contact no longer meets that criteria, they will not be included in the task.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Awesome.
So if I could make a smart task that sets a quarterly follow up for the next twenty years and if a clients status changes to anything other than client the smart task will recognize that and put a halt on all future Follow ups scheduled?

Because just from my understanding once the daily scan sees a new client for that day it schedules ALL future follows ups right then. That's why I was concerned..
Platinum Super Contributor

Trying to clarify:

- When a Smart Task is initiated (either manually or by auto-run), it uses the criteria specified to build it's contact list for this specific run.  This list is used throughout this specific run of the Smart Task (example 'ST Day 1' ). 

- If 'ST Day 1' has multiple steps, the contacts identified in the criteria will be used through all remaining steps. 

- If a contact's information has been updated and does not match the criteria when the Smart Task initiates on the next day (ST Day 2), the contact will not be included in 'ST Day 2'.

- Changing a contact's information after the contact has been included in a 'Smart Task Run' will not remove it from that particular 'Smart Task Run'.

If you create a smart task to schedule follow up meetings over the next 20 years, all contacts that meet the criteria at the time you run the smart task will get follow ups scheduled for the next 20 years - even if you change their status.

Greg Martin
Sage