Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task Query seems to not be working

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Smart Task Query seems to not be working

I'm trying to setup a smart task to send an email to all new contacts 3 days after they are entered into ACT 2011 Premium.

I set it to look at contacts whos create date = 3 days ago.  When I test the query, it pulls up the right records.

When I save the smart task and then try to manually run it on all contacts (thinking the query should pull only the ones in the db that match the criteria into the smart tasks queue), it creates a task for EVERY contact in the database, which leads to ACT crashing (we have over 10,000 contacts in ACT)

What do you think the issue could be?

I've tried saving the query and then running it under lookup as an advanced query, and the result is the correct group of contacts in the look up set, so I know its not a query problem.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author getours
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Smart Task Query seems to not be working

Hello getours,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. When a Smart Task is run, filter criteria is only used when it runs automatically. It is not used when running the task manually. You would first need to do a lookup of the contacts based on your criteria, then run the task manually and choose the Current Lookup option.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author getours
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello getours,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. When a Smart Task is run, filter criteria is only used when it runs automatically. It is not used when running the task manually. You would first need to do a lookup of the contacts based on your criteria, then run the task manually and choose the Current Lookup option.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Can I ask one more question?

We have 3 sales people and I would like to use a smart task to make ACT send an email to each individual salespersons leads and make it from the sales person.

Would I just set this up on under each individual salespersons computer and make it a "private" smart task (using a Manager = salespersons name query)?

Yes, that would be the best way to do it. Create a Smart Task under each person's ACT! login, then use Record Manager as one of your filter criteria. Remind them that if they decide to run this task manually, they must first do a lookup of the contacts they want to send it to and choose the Current Lookup option.

Greig Hollister

Platinum Super Contributor