Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task Help

Smart Task Help

We are using Act 2012 Premium.  We just discovered smart task and I am trying to set us up to utilize them efficiently.  In our business we have one person completing the first three steps of a clients contact and then the work load gets divided evenly amongst the other members of the team to work on various aspects of expertiese.  Is it possible for smart task to give to-do's to one person for the first threee steps and then after this for steps four through say 10 be given at the same time to various members of the team.  Think of it as a family tree type of analogy where sibling task can be completed at the same time and are not reliant on one sibilings task to be completed before the next one is given?  (Hopefully this was clear enough to understand.)

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Smart Task Help

Hi

if looking at smart-tasks i would recomend to evaluate ACT16, as Smart-task was improved in 2013 and act16

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Astute Commentator

I am running Act 2013 Premium, so Im not familiar with the 2012 version. In the 2013 version, you can assign the steps to specific people. Open up the window for the step. At the very bottom on the right hand side, I have a drop down menu labeled "Schedule For:". It defaults to {Smart Task User}, but all Act users are in that drop down menu. Select whatever user you want assigned to that task here.
Astute Commentator

As for the issue of not having to complete one step before the next one triggers, Im not sure you can do that. If I recall correctly, the To-do will schedule an activity on the first person's calendar, and the smart task doesn't move to the next step until that first activity is cleared.

One way around it would be to just setup the same smart task for every user. Use the same selection criteria for everyone, but change the steps to reflect just what their activities are supposed to be.