10-01-2008 11:02 AM
We have just upgraded from ACT Premium 2005 to ACT Premium 2009. One of my users sets alarms for every activity and methodically performs her workflow to the timing of these alarms. Clearing the alarm is an important element of her workflow. We have timed this event so we do feel like our metrics are authentic. In ACT 2005 it required 3 seconds to clear an alarm. In ACT 2009 it requires 15 seconds to clear an alarm. This additional delay is troubling to the user and I would like to provide her with an answer of some kind. Perhaps an update? If nothing else, an explanation.
10-01-2008 02:41 PM
Maybe you could for a reindex of the database from within the tools menu and if this does not change the situation run actdiag from the start menu and reindex from there should have some impact
10-06-2008 07:59 PM
I have reindexed the database from within ACT and I have run ActDiag from "run". When I ran ActDiag I did everything - repaired, reindexed, etc. I am also getting a "Object reference" error whenever the events "Clear Alarm" or "Close Activity" occur. The KnowledgeBase has no useful information on the subject. In one KB, it suggest dropping the "Preferences" file in relation to issues with Notes. I did that and still same behavior.
This is all extremely frustrating because Sage has advertised version 11 as being so much more reliable and stable not to mention having better performance than version 7. So far, I have been disappointed in that I have not seen the improvements in reliability, stability, and performance. It seems to be more of the same type of applicaiton behavior that should not happen with commercial applications especially one on its fourth version upgrade.
I still have a few weeks left on my 30 days of installation support. Tomorrow I will get the ACT support people on this issue. I will let you know how that turns out.
11-01-2008 03:03 PM
John were you able to resolve this as I have seen some databases converted from previous version cause some issues. You might see if this is the same on every machine and for all users as one thing might be the user profile within the database has a problem.
Maybe you could copy the database to another machine and create a second user then delete and reassign all of this users activities to the new user and see if the result is the same. If it improves then make sure that the activity count is the same. It may be that the activity table is damaged and maybe running the reindex and actdiag repairs more than one might help or as I said above by create a new user profile within the database.